Many thanks to Kaje Harper for donating an ebook copy of her forthcoming m/m romance, Learning Curve (Life Lessons #4), for a lucky commenter to win! Learning Curve will be released by MLR Press on September 6. (We hit 100 comments, so Kaje has donated a second copy! Thanks, Kaje!)
Mac is afraid he’ll never recover enough to go back to being a cop, while Tony is afraid that he will.
Three months after being shot, Detective Jared MacLean is healing, but he’s afraid it may not be enough to go back on the job. He won’t give up, though. Being a cop is written deep in Macâ€™s bones, and he’ll do whatever it takes to carry his badge again.
Tony used to wish he could have Mac safely home, but watching his strong husband battle disabilities is far from Tony’s dream come true. When Mac is asked to consult on a case involving one of Tony’s students, both men will have to face old demons and new fears to find a way to move forward together.
I live in Minnesota (where the two seasons are snow removal and road-repair, and the mosquito is the state bird, and where sometimes in winter it is so beautiful you canâ€™t breathe for gazing at it). I have been writing for longer than I care to admit, and currently am focused on writing m/m romance. I have an interview on the BookWenches site that is more biographical, for those who are interested.
My first professionally published book, Life Lessons, came out from MLR Press in May 2011. This was the first thing I had submitted anywhere and I was thrilled when it was accepted. And now I have other work in print, both free and professionally published. This writing thing is addictive. So read, comment, tell me what you like and what you donâ€™t, and help me make the upcoming books even better.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Thursday, September 5.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“I wish Mom would open the windows again…” -Chaos
After the heatwave breaks…