Congrats to LoriO, who won Chanceâ€™s Vindication (Lost Shifters #13) by Stephani Hecht! Chanceâ€™s Vindication is being released by eXtasy Books today.
Many thanks to Mary Calmes for donating
an ebook copy two ebook copies of her forthcoming m/m romantic suspense, Bulletproof (A Matter of Time #3 or #5, depending), for lucky commenters to win! Bulletproof will be released September 26 by Dreamspinner Press.
Jory Harcourt doesn’t have to go looking for trouble. Wherever he goes, it seems to find him – particularly when his partner, Sam Kage, is working undercover on a federal task force.
After the recession forces him to close his business, Jory goes to work as a matchmaker and event planner. From there, it’s only a matter of time before his big mouth and up-front attitude make him the rope in a tug-of-war between a trust fund baby and a drug-smuggling criminal. Then, as if that situation weren’t delicate enough, Jory’s undercover lover shows up working for the smuggler.
Between the men who want him and the men who just want him dead, Chicago is getting a little crowded for Jory, so on the advice of his brother, his boyfriend, and the FBI task force, he heads for Hawaii… where a serious accident threatens his quality of life. Can Sam and Jory keep the faith and prove that their relationship really is bulletproof?
Excerpt (scroll down and expand)
My name is Mary Calmes and I have been writing since I was in the seventh grade. One of my first stories ever was about Demetrius and Konor, two big strapping gorgeous knights and while it was not historically accurate in any way, hello, seventh grade, the one thing that became glaringly obvious was that the guys liked each other more than the damsels in distress they were trying to save.
â€œBoys donâ€™t sleep in the same bed when theyâ€™re grown-ups,â€ my mother said when I read it to her.
â€œMen donâ€™t talk nice to each other like that,â€ my step-father said that night.
They do in m/m fiction which I was destined to write.
I tried really hard to write a female lead but it just left me flat. I read all kinds of different books and I have favorite writers in every genre but I can only write about men. The dynamics between two men are more interesting to me and as a woman, I like men and the idea of two men together, two beautiful menâ€¦ I donâ€™t understand the question.
When people tell you that theyâ€™ve enjoyed something youâ€™ve written, there really is no greater feeling.
You can find out more about Mary at her website or her blog.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Friday, September 23.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“No, this box isn’t too small for me. It’s cozy!” -May
103 thoughts on “Ebook Giveaway: Bulletproof (A Matter of Time #5) by Mary Calmes [CONTEST CLOSED]”
Please count me in.
I take a bullet on this title and please count me in.
I’ve only read the first one!
But I still wouldn’t mind winning this one that way I can pick up the other ones later when I have the chance!
The first was pretty good too!
Please count me in too Chris!
Ya know, May actually does look pretty comfortable in that box. I mean my cat used to love to sleep in small spaces. Mainly macaroni pots and spaghetti strainers but you get point right?
Comments are closed.