Many thanks to Eden Winters for donating an ebook copy of her forthcoming m/m time travel romance, The Pirate’s Gamble, for a lucky commenter to win!Â The Pirate’s Gamble will be released by JMS Books on February 19.
One man, two lives. In modern day Jamaica, Ian Lewis enjoys a well-earned reputation as a shining star of the archaeology world. However, in the eighteenth century, he’s notorious for other reasons: being the captain a rag-tag crew aboard the pirate ship The Naughty Maid. With the help of a mysterious talisman and his knowledge of ancient treasures, he travels back in time to save priceless artifacts otherwise doomed to be lost forever.
His greatest treasure, however, wants to stay lost… or rather, deeply in the closet. Tired of the hiding the true nature of the relationship he shares with fellow archaeologist David Kane, Ian employs his pirate cunning in a gamble that just may cost him his everything – including his life.
This is an expanded edition of a previously released title.
Excerpt (scroll down)
Other Books by Eden
- Complete list, including shorts and free reads
- The Angel of 13th Street
- The Match Before Christmas, Fanning the Flames (The Match Before Christmas #2), and A Lie I Can Live With (The Match Before Christmas #3)
- Settling the Score
- Highway Man
- Galen and the Forest Lord
Our heroine sits quietly in her cube, just one of many, typing, filing, and breaking the occasional nail, hiding her true identity beneath her clever disguise of nerdy glasses and business suits (with sensible shoes!). Frantic eyes watch the clock as she waits impatiently for the ruse to end and her true calling to begin.
With eager anticipation she drives her average car to her average home, and eats her average (vegetarian and completely healthy!) meal alone. The minutes tick by, and when the sun finally sets she leaps tall sofas in a single bound, shedding her disguise to take on her true super heroine persona! Is she in such a rush to save the world? Save the city? Save the neighborâ€™s kitten from a tree! No! She liberates her laptop from the evil clutches of arch villain, Hall Closet, and flings it open to free the worlds hiding within its depths. There are lonely werewolves searching desperately for mates, spoiled rich boys just waiting for her gentle caress of the keyboard to create someone whoâ€™ll truly understand them, and futuristic soldiers, gunning across the universe to save the men they loveâ€¦ No scenario is too bizarre! A time traveling pirate? No problem! Violin playing specter haunting a Scottish castle? You betcha!
When sheâ€™s not busily creating happy-ever-afters for fictional hotties, our heroine enjoys music, the great outdoors, and cruising down the highway on the back of a Harley Davidson.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CST, Friday, February 17.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If you have an email account with AOL or Netscape, I will not be able to send email to you.
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!