Congrats to Kimberly, who won Three Alarm Fire (EMS Heat #8) by Stephani Hecht!Â Three Alarm Fire is being released today by eXtasy Books.
Congrats to Kero, who won Precious Possession by Clare London!
Congrats to Lily, who won Resisting the Temptation by Valentina Heart!
Congrats to Dana A, who won Taste by Mickie B. Ashling! Taste will be released by Dreamspinner Press on April 4.
- Go read the very funny BDB skit that Katiebabs put together! And if you get there early enough today (April 1), your comment might be selected to win a $20 Amazon gift certificate!
- Knitnzu’s having her annual Snow Melt Contest! Hurry and get your guesses in by 6 pm EDT today, April 1, for your chance to win yarn, a needle case, or a $25 donation to your favorite human rights, child advocacy, or animal welfare organization.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away three different Edie Ramer ebooks to three different winners. Comment by April 2 for your chance to win.
- Ethan Stone’s giving an ebook from Marie Sexton’s backlist to someone who comments before the evening of April 3. Amara’s giving away your choice of one of Marie Sexton’s ebooks, including the forthcoming Paris A to Z to someone who comments by 11:30 pm PDT, April 5.
- Sweet Vernal Zephyr’s giving away a copy of Dust to Dust by Heather Graham. Comment before April 8 for your chance to win. US only.
- New releases: Lily (m/m romance), Elisa (LGBT), Tor.com (UF/PNR; YA PNR; fantasy; scifi), Literary Escapism (UF/PNR), and Book Lovers Inc (all sorts of romance/UF).
- Book and publisher news from Dear Author and Katiebabs.
- How not to respond to a lukewarm review. Definitely read a chunk of the comments.
- If you read or write GLBT fiction and live in or near the UK, start planning for the UK Meet on July 23.
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- I was wondering this myself after seeing how fast Japanese highway workers have been fixing earthquake ravaged roads. (Thanks, CursingMama!)
- Wednesday was World Backup Day. How did you celebrate?
- Have you heard about the cursed billiards room located under an English lake?
- If you’re a fan of daily deals sites, make sure you’re aware of the pitfalls.
- So back when I was in grad school and would clean my apartment instead of writing a paper, it was because I knew the clutter was reducing my mental focus! (Um, right. I was procrastinating.)
- Knit a TARDIS blanket! (This should keep you busy for a few weeks, Lorraine. ;))
- Knit your own royal wedding! (Tam sent this additional picture from the book.)
- I didn’t realize that Bloody Marys are the most chemically complex cocktails.
- Tuxedo Peeps! (via The Kitchn)
- Fun linkity from MrsPao – make sure you check out the knitting video and the link to the penguin party!
- Cool kitty towers – love the castle!
- Not that I could (or would) ever wear these black cat high heels, but I like them (and the LEGO stilettos) anyway!
- LEGO royal wedding. (via Gizmodo)
Cool or Wha…?
- Phase-changing material that melts to cool your coffee, then reforms to keep your coffee warm longer?!
- It’s kind of a cool idea for a charging station, but not at that price.
- Skittles commercial that makes me want to stay far, far away from Skittles… (Thanks, Juni!)
- The Radio Shack mothership isn’t very happy about the Montana store that’s giving away guns to people who sign up for the Dish Network.
- Seattle weather (also covers Portland, Vancouver, and the UK!).
- I hope my kitties remember the hungry part before they start such a project…
- Kitten! Chinchilla! Bean and kitten! Kittens! Bunnies! Kittens! Baby cheetah! Kitten! Hyena cubs! Kittens! Baby polar bear and parent! Kitten! Baby panda! Kitten! Tiger! Kittens! Chick and kid! Kitten! Kittens!
Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9) by J.R. Ward. Well. It was better than Phury’s book, covered a lot of ground at breakneck speed, didn’t have any boring chapters focused on the lessers, and ended most unexpectedly.
Shades of Gray by Brooke McKinley. ebook. Excellent m/m romantic suspense about an FBI agent who’s spent his whole life looking at things in black and white and blocking out what he doesn’t want to see or acknowledge. Things get infinitely more complicated for him when he has to keep an ex-con alive to testify against a drug kingpin.
Concubine by Jill Knowles. ebook. Very good kinky m/m fantasy romance about a prince who suddenly and most unexpectedly finds himself as a demon warlord’s concubine.
Out There in the Night (Out There, Book 1) by Laura Baumbach. ebook. Very steamy paranormal m/m romance about a doctor working in Alaska for six months who’s rescued by a very mysterious and compelling man after being seriously injured.
Horizons by Mickie B. Ashling. ebook. reread. Very good m/m romance about a deeply closeted college football player with a homophobic family who finds himself falling (despite himself) for the very out ER doctor who cares for his broken arm. That bizarre cover does such a disservice to this book!
Accidentally His by Shawn Lane. ebook. Good m/m romance about two guys who sort of meet after a bus accident during their commute.
Breaking Point by Chris Quinton. ebook short. Good short m/m romance about a guy who’s supposed to meet his ex to accompany him to a book auction but gets upset and a bit vengeful when his ex doesn’t show.
Clue Game (Breaking Point, Book 2) by Chris Quinton. ebook short. Good short m/m romance about two guys who’d really rather spend the day in bed together, but get up to help an annoying friend with her scavenger hunt clues.
Breaking Logan’s Laws (Quinn Security, Book 4) by Cameron Dane. ebook. Steamy m/m romantic suspense about Quinn Security’s newest employee, Logan, who lives by a series of rules designed to keep his heart safe. The sex and romance are completely overdone and unrealistic in the usual Cameron Dane way.
Christmas at Reynolds Hall (With or Without, Book 4.1) by J.L. Langley. free ebook short. Good short paranormal m/m romance about Matt’s first Christmas dinner away from his family in New Mexico.
Attack of the Killer Dust Bunnies (With or Without, Book 4.2) by J.L. Langley. free ebook short. Cute short paranormal m/m romance about Aubrey, Matt, and Matt’s young twin brothers.
In the Light of Day by Sasha Devlin. ebook. Good m/m romantic suspense about a straight cop who’s been struggling with his feelings for the guy he went undercover with to break up some sort of porn film ring. I kept thinking there had to be a previous book about their undercover stint, but this is the author’s first book.
Mane Attraction by Sarah Masters. ebook. Ok paranormal m/m romance about a London man who see a lion change into a man on his fire escape. Little does he know that things are going to get stranger after that… This was obviously the first book in a new series (things were left really open-ended), but I can’t say that I have any interest in reading future books.
Undercover Sins by Hayley B. James. ebook. Trainwreck. This m/m romantic suspense about an undercover cop working as a rentboy in order to get close to one of the honchos in a human trafficking ring was extremely convoluted. The plot had as many holes as loops, no one behaved consistently or believably, and I never came to care what happened to the main characters. Be warned that there’s noncon and a complete absence of lube.
“What are you doing, Mom? I hope you’re not trying to sneak that tiara onto my head!” -Mayhem