Oh, hello there! Hope everyone continues to be pandemic fine, at the very least?! I am now fully vaccinated and the two weeks have passed. I’ve been “celebrating” by having a few long-delayed routine medical appointments… And I got my hair cut! It was past my shoulder blades – now it skims my shoulders.
- New releases: Tor.com (YA SFF, horror/genre benders, SF, fantasy), Smart Bitches (romance), Gizmodo (SFF), AAR (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. And more. And more. And more.
- Linkity from BookWyrm Knits.
- “Dragon journals and bookmarks for book wyrms to add to their hoards“.
- “Consider: A fantasy series where the court wizard is treated and portrayed just like an IT guy“.
- “Marriage Proposals 102, featuring Mr Darcy“.
- “If going anywhere with small children was a magical fantasy novel“.
- “Why do I have to wait SO LONG for library ebooks?”
- If there were daemons in Discworld.
- “Being vaccinated does NOT mean (bookish edition)“.
- Shopping in an actual bookstore now.
- “The bookshop cat and the pandemic“.
- “There is no after“.
- “I’m feeling symptoms of ‘cave syndrome.’ Aren’t you?“
- A brief history of the school backpack.
- Some fancy bees.
- On house cats and meowing.
- The ugliest orchid.
- Some ugly birds.
- What football stadiums look like from above.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson vs the Steam-umm twitter account.
- Parkway Theater drone video.
- LEGO Space Shuttle Discovery.
- Giant LEGO R2-D2.
- Fandom embroidery projects.
- Knit yourself a crown.
- THIS. And THIS.
- Blueberry cookies.
- “How to cope with the garden gnome shortage“…
- Saturn Devouring His Son… made from balloons… CANNOT BE UNSEEN.
- Tiny novelty hands.
- Platypus dragon.
- March 2020. After the Pandemic. Hover cursor/long-press for captions.
- “Vaccine side effect, or have you just been alive for 40 years?“
- When 10% of California’s condor population decides to live on your deck.
- Menard’s, strangely surreal at times.
- The strange intersection of knitting and earbuds.
Not everything, but some of what I’ve been reading…
Across the Green Fields (Wayward Children #6) by Seanan McGuire. Not related to the school at all, but still good. I just wish these had a bit more closure.
The Secret Chapter and The Dark Archive (The Invisible Library 6-7) by Genevieve Cogman. Pretty solid in 6 and then WTF at the ending of 7.
The Last Smile in Sunder City and Dead Man in a Ditch (The Fetch Phillips Archives 1-2) by Luke Elliot Arnold. Good but tragic – these are mysteries set in a world which has lost its magic, which really messed up creatures that relied on magic to live, such as vampires, unicorns, etc.