Congrats to Kimberly, who won Three Alarm Fire (EMS Heat #8) by Stephani Hecht!Â Three Alarm Fire is being released today by eXtasy Books.
Congrats to Kero, who won Precious Possession by Clare London!
Congrats to Lily, who won Resisting the Temptation by Valentina Heart!
Congrats to Dana A, who won Taste by Mickie B. Ashling! Taste will be released by Dreamspinner Press on April 4.
- Go read the very funny BDB skit that Katiebabs put together! And if you get there early enough today (April 1), your comment might be selected to win a $20 Amazon gift certificate!
- Knitnzu’s having her annual Snow Melt Contest! Hurry and get your guesses in by 6 pm EDT today, April 1, for your chance to win yarn, a needle case, or a $25 donation to your favorite human rights, child advocacy, or animal welfare organization.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away three different Edie Ramer ebooks to three different winners. Comment by April 2 for your chance to win.
- Ethan Stone’s giving an ebook from Marie Sexton’s backlist to someone who comments before the evening of April 3. Amara’s giving away your choice of one of Marie Sexton’s ebooks, including the forthcoming Paris A to Z to someone who comments by 11:30 pm PDT, April 5.
- Sweet Vernal Zephyr’s giving away a copy of Dust to Dust by Heather Graham. Comment before April 8 for your chance to win. US only.
- New releases: Lily (m/m romance), Elisa (LGBT), Tor.com (UF/PNR; YA PNR; fantasy; scifi), Literary Escapism (UF/PNR), and Book Lovers Inc (all sorts of romance/UF).
- Book and publisher news from Dear Author and Katiebabs.
- How not to respond to a lukewarm review. Definitely read a chunk of the comments.
- If you read or write GLBT fiction and live in or near the UK, start planning for the UK Meet on July 23.
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- I was wondering this myself after seeing how fast Japanese highway workers have been fixing earthquake ravaged roads. (Thanks, CursingMama!)
- Wednesday was World Backup Day. How did you celebrate?
- Have you heard about the cursed billiards room located under an English lake?
- If you’re a fan of daily deals sites, make sure you’re aware of the pitfalls.
- So back when I was in grad school and would clean my apartment instead of writing a paper, it was because I knew the clutter was reducing my mental focus! (Um, right. I was procrastinating.)
- Knit a TARDIS blanket! (This should keep you busy for a few weeks, Lorraine. ;))
- Knit your own royal wedding! (Tam sent this additional picture from the book.)
- I didn’t realize that Bloody Marys are the most chemically complex cocktails.
- Tuxedo Peeps! (via The Kitchn)
- Fun linkity from MrsPao – make sure you check out the knitting video and the link to the penguin party!
- Cool kitty towers – love the castle!
- Not that I could (or would) ever wear these black cat high heels, but I like them (and the LEGO stilettos) anyway!
- LEGO royal wedding. (via Gizmodo)
Cool or Wha…?
- Phase-changing material that melts to cool your coffee, then reforms to keep your coffee warm longer?!
- It’s kind of a cool idea for a charging station, but not at that price.
- Skittles commercial that makes me want to stay far, far away from Skittles… (Thanks, Juni!)
- The Radio Shack mothership isn’t very happy about the Montana store that’s giving away guns to people who sign up for the Dish Network.
- Seattle weather (also covers Portland, Vancouver, and the UK!).
- I hope my kitties remember the hungry part before they start such a project…
- Kitten! Chinchilla! Bean and kitten! Kittens! Bunnies! Kittens! Baby cheetah! Kitten! Hyena cubs! Kittens! Baby polar bear and parent! Kitten! Baby panda! Kitten! Tiger! Kittens! Chick and kid! Kitten! Kittens!
Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9) by J.R. Ward. Well. It was better than Phury’s book, covered a lot of ground at breakneck speed, didn’t have any boring chapters focused on the lessers, and ended most unexpectedly.
Shades of Gray by Brooke McKinley. ebook. Excellent m/m romantic suspense about an FBI agent who’s spent his whole life looking at things in black and white and blocking out what he doesn’t want to see or acknowledge. Things get infinitely more complicated for him when he has to keep an ex-con alive to testify against a drug kingpin.
Concubine by Jill Knowles. ebook. Very good kinky m/m fantasy romance about a prince who suddenly and most unexpectedly finds himself as a demon warlord’s concubine.
Out There in the Night (Out There, Book 1) by Laura Baumbach. ebook. Very steamy paranormal m/m romance about a doctor working in Alaska for six months who’s rescued by a very mysterious and compelling man after being seriously injured.
Horizons by Mickie B. Ashling. ebook. reread. Very good m/m romance about a deeply closeted college football player with a homophobic family who finds himself falling (despite himself) for the very out ER doctor who cares for his broken arm. That bizarre cover does such a disservice to this book!
Accidentally His by Shawn Lane. ebook. Good m/m romance about two guys who sort of meet after a bus accident during their commute.
Breaking Point by Chris Quinton. ebook short. Good short m/m romance about a guy who’s supposed to meet his ex to accompany him to a book auction but gets upset and a bit vengeful when his ex doesn’t show.
Clue Game (Breaking Point, Book 2) by Chris Quinton. ebook short. Good short m/m romance about two guys who’d really rather spend the day in bed together, but get up to help an annoying friend with her scavenger hunt clues.
Breaking Logan’s Laws (Quinn Security, Book 4) by Cameron Dane. ebook. Steamy m/m romantic suspense about Quinn Security’s newest employee, Logan, who lives by a series of rules designed to keep his heart safe. The sex and romance are completely overdone and unrealistic in the usual Cameron Dane way.
Christmas at Reynolds Hall (With or Without, Book 4.1) by J.L. Langley. free ebook short. Good short paranormal m/m romance about Matt’s first Christmas dinner away from his family in New Mexico.
Attack of the Killer Dust Bunnies (With or Without, Book 4.2) by J.L. Langley. free ebook short. Cute short paranormal m/m romance about Aubrey, Matt, and Matt’s young twin brothers.
In the Light of Day by Sasha Devlin. ebook. Good m/m romantic suspense about a straight cop who’s been struggling with his feelings for the guy he went undercover with to break up some sort of porn film ring. I kept thinking there had to be a previous book about their undercover stint, but this is the author’s first book.
Mane Attraction by Sarah Masters. ebook. Ok paranormal m/m romance about a London man who see a lion change into a man on his fire escape. Little does he know that things are going to get stranger after that… This was obviously the first book in a new series (things were left really open-ended), but I can’t say that I have any interest in reading future books.
Undercover Sins by Hayley B. James. ebook. Trainwreck. This m/m romantic suspense about an undercover cop working as a rentboy in order to get close to one of the honchos in a human trafficking ring was extremely convoluted. The plot had as many holes as loops, no one behaved consistently or believably, and I never came to care what happened to the main characters. Be warned that there’s noncon and a complete absence of lube.
“What are you doing, Mom? I hope you’re not trying to sneak that tiara onto my head!” -Mayhem
33 thoughts on “Linkity for the April Fools (feel free to interpret that however you’d like)”
Interesting set of linkity today! Have a great weekend.
A recent post from trek..On homework and formatting
Let me raise my hand and cheerfully volunteer to continue any and all tasting needed for the vital Bloody Mary research.
A recent post from Chrissy Munder..First Quarter Musings Trolling for links
Awesome links as always 😀
A recent post from blodeuedd..Fools for Books Giveaway Hop
A recent post from Brigitte..So Its Been Awhile
Chris- I wonder if that Romulan ale is actually that color?
Wouldn’t that be cool? And the glass? I bet I would have to go to a Star Trek convention to get one.
A recent post from Lorraine..Never Wake A Dragon
I would totally wear those kitty heels!!!
A recent post from Miranda..April Fools Fries and Hamburgers
Very good linkity today! The dress made out of Golden books? OMG. And the faux romance book covers were hilarious. And the author meltdown over the lukewarm review just had my jaw dropping to floor. Unbelievable!
A recent post from Val Kovalin..Month-long sale on Amber Allure Gay Romance Fiction
Ooh, holding a contest where the prize goes to charity is a great idea! I’ll have to consider that one.
Poor May. I don’t think she wants the tiara if it’s not between her teeth.
A recent post from Nicole..No WIP Today
I loved going around the world.
Maybe Chaos would like to wear the tiara.
A recent post from margene..Refocusing
Another great edition of linkity! Have a wonderful weekend!
A recent post from Alison..Two Scarves and Some Towels
I have to knit a tardis blanket. But Mayhem, tiaras are so pretty, and you can pretend your a royal then.
A recent post from Rebekah..Tea for Two- and Cupcakes for Six
I want that cutting board. Not because I’m OCD, but because I’m measurement-challenged.
I am now in love with Air New Zealand. It’s gonna take me a long time to get through their Youtube channel.
I think I need to go watch this one a few more times.
A recent post from Cheryl S…Housing WIPs
That’s another 2 hours of my life gone reading your blooming linkity!
So good today.
TMobile has a feature on family plans where you can turn your kids phone “off” to all but certain numbers – solved our midnight texting problem very easily. of course the AT&T merger will screw that up; but I’ll switch carriers before I become an AT&T customer ever again. (there is a rant in there…)
I was sharing some of these links with a friend via IM and she said, “What? Do you have “nerd” as a google alert or something?
If I could wear heels, I’d make a pair of those lego shoes. We have so many legos around here, I could go into business…
I think I need to track down a can of that Romulan Ale for the hubby.
A recent post from Bronwyn Green..The things I do for research
I thought she liked the tiara…
A recent post from lisa..snow melt contest 2011!!
OMG, I saw that ‘how not to respond to lukewarm reviews’ explode and I just trailed off when the ‘eff you’ comment dropped. The quality of debate was already poor but went from downhill after that 🙁
Oh, I need to tell you that the geeky cakes are awesome, I haz geeky cake envy right now 😉
Wow, Shades Of Grey sound very good! I must check it out!
A recent post from Leontine..Leontines 411 on March
The revamped romance book covers are quite the hoot! LOL for sure.
So many hilarious links today: the conversation Neil Gaiman had with his neighbor, m/m fans and fake book covers, but that response to a lukewarm review takes the prize. It was funny and appalling at the same time.
I don’t know how to decipher your opinion on Lover Unleashed (haven’t read it yet, so I’m curious). Shades of Gray is such a fabulous book.
I loved the coyote picture, altho’ it’s funny and sad at the same time I think.
Interesting review of JR Ward’s latest. Phury’s book is what put me off the series for a couple years. I’m caught up, but now I don’t know if I want to continue!
I liked the With/Without shorts!
A recent post from wren..Underwear!
Wow, I’d missed that author meltdown thing. I’m thinking if you want some good publicity for your blog it’s the best thing that can happen to you, lol!
Aw, Undercover Sins. Trainwreck, huh? That’s bad.
FUAutocorrect is one of my favorite sites. Always good for some chuckles. Unfortunately my iPhone never makes my messages that funny, but that’s probably because I mostly text in Dutch.
I did enjoy Breaking Logan’s Laws, but yeah, very long sex scenes which were a bit over the top. Still, a good read.
A recent post from Janna..Swiftly Dusted- Mini-review of Accidentally His by Shawn Lane
I read the post at BigAl’s Books and am dumbfounded and appalled! Chris, WTH?
This is the second author I’ve seen behaving badly within a short period of time. *shaking head*
309 comments?? Wow, just Wow…
Thanks for the always informative linkity Chris and have a great Weekend!
Waving at my demon master Chaos!!
A recent post from Lea..Tori & I are over at the Island today talking about And Other News
This morning my gang had Nutella Panini’s with Eggo waffles and sprinkled them with powdered sugar.
I loved KB’s alternate BDB universe…and the Tardis blanket!
Lots of great books I need to read this month 🙂
Clearly my city needs to hire a few Japenese highway workers. The street I take to the EDJ now resembles a war zone, and that’s after the asphalt truck has been by to ‘repair’ the potholes.
The tuxedo peeps are SO cute!!
A recent post from Ava March..News and a Squee
I loved the around the world video.
The romance covers were fun.
Interesting purse, stilettos and dress.
Looks like you had a great reading week.
The only one I’ve read is Concubine although I’ve got a few of the others on my TBR.
Thanks for the mention and the win!!!! 🙂
A recent post from Lily..Available now in M-M land
Another hour wasted — well not really. Still laughing over the autocorrect and put the cutting board on the gift list for a certain someone. Or two.
A recent post from Mary Lou..Japan Earthquake Relief
I totally missed this post on Friday. No idea how that happened.
I really must get that Concubine book. This is the second good review I’ve seen now :).
A recent post from Jenre..Holiday!
May, you’d look fabulous with a tiara! Come on, you are the queen of the house, aren’t you?
Chris, you have at least two Tardis related links. Hmm, might be a bit nerdy. 😉
That author, wow, I’ll never be tempted to buy one of her books.
I love my Golden Books, but I don’t want to wear them. 🙂
A recent post from Eyre..Cookies & Plot Bunnies
Cool photos os the library!
I have many ways to procrastinate, including cleaning, decluttering, and perfectionism.
Oh I like the hula hoop rug. I wonder if I still have a hula hoop in the garage.
Oh oh tuxedo peeps and mojito floats.
LOL at the animal butt wine stoppers.
Love the airline safety video.
A recent post from Sydney..Random Wrap-up of Winter
OMG and LOL! In the OED! Love the linkity this week. It is one of my favourite activities 🙂 and thanks again for the mention!
A recent post from mrspao..First arrival and a few more departures
Wasn’t Shades of Gray great? I loved that one. I have Concubine I just have to read it. (I could say that about so many books, couldn’t I?)
Undercover Sins? A complete absence of lube? No self-lubing holes? lol
A recent post from Tracy..Review- Captured by a Rogue by Katharine Ashe
I have no intention of making any ice cream out of human cow milk.
A recent post from Seanna Lea..happy happy yarn crawl