- New releases: Tor.com (scifi, fantasy, genre-benders) and Smart Bitches (romance)
- Some free scifi stores you can read online.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- President Obama’s lists of best books and favorite songs from 2017.
- “Five weird books for the jaded reader“.
- Untranslatable words, illustrated.
- Some tips/ideas for setting up a bullet journal.
- If you’re ever stuck for journaling prompts, check out these 730 prompts from journaling-junkie.
- Some of Diana Trout’s favorite bookbinding books.
- Reading pillows.
- A few bookmarks from etsy.
- Literary quotes.
- “…the alphabet now ends at Y.“
- Neil Gaiman’s words for the new year.
Think, Learn, Make, Do
- The 1% Theory of Fandom.
- There’s a blue moon eclipse on January 31.
- “Research proves switching to the shorter line almost always backfires“.
- Sounds like climate change could be causing the seafloor to sink.
- One-pot kale and quinoa pilaf.
- 12 hearty vegan main dishes.
- 15 breakfast muffins.
- 11 lasagna recipes.
- 14 ways to turn a can of chickpeas into dinner.
- Slow cooker butter bean minestrone.
- Slow cooker broccoli cheddar soup.
- Create 365 Somethings in 2018. I’m doing index card collages. What are you going to do?! 🙂
- How to start/commit to an art journal.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- It’s been very cold here. Some examples: Walking on a frozen lake. Biking on a frozen creek.
- Minneapolis skyline at night.
- Where embroidery meets math.
- Where The Brady Bunch meets Star Wars.
- Hmm. The perfect coffee mug?
- Indeed, it is so.
- The danger scale. Alternate version.
- Dogs herding sheep in New Zealand.
- “Relive the climactic moments of Star Wars: The Last Jedi in LEGO“.
- Linkity from kmkat.
- Completely agreed if there’s another The United States vs One T. Rex.
- Northerners do indeed talk about the weather a lot.
- If Cerberus was a cat…
- If Bilbo and Gollum were women…
- Security vulnerabilities of the Empire from the first Star Wars movie.
Syllabus: Notes from an Accidental Professor by Lynda Barry. Excellent book about creativity and writing and drawing, presented in Barry’s signature style of illustration. I’ve tried some of the exercises and am continuing to work on the 4-minute daily diary. Definitely one I’ll be referring to in the future!
Spouse on Haunted Hill (Haunted Guesthouse #8) by EJ Copperman. After skipping the seventh book, I quite enjoyed this one. It’s possible this was the last book in the series – it sure felt like things were being tidied up that way at the end. (Ok, apparently there are more books on the way – so now I’m wondering if the series was in limbo for a bit and the tidying was just in case.)