- Leave a question for Bronwyn Green at Jo Jo’s Book Corner by midnight, February 27, for your chance to win a print anthology or ebooks.
- Book Lovers Inc is giving away a copy of Something About You by Julie James. Answer Julie’s question or ask her a question by March 5 for your chance to win.
- New releases and more: Tor.com (YA paranormal, UF/PNR, fantasy, scifi), All About Romance (audiobooks), Katiebabs (various sort of romance), Book Lovers Inc (romance/PNR/UF), and Literary Escapism (UF/PNR).
- If you haven’t read any m/m and are confused about where to start, check out the Smokinhotbooks beginner’s guide at Book Addict.
- Heidi Cullinan on asking for writing advice.
- Paperback Writer lists some signs that you be writing a “Literary McNovel”.
- Have you seen the new choose-your-own-adventure book on whether you can survive the zombie apocalypse?
- LoveRomancePassion has another article about cover models – WiHG has a real name! *gasp* *thud*
- Very cool video about books on a bookshelf. (I know, it sounds boring, but it’s not!)
- The Internet Archive announced a new cooperative ebook lending program.
- TeleRead basically tells the publishing industry to pull up its big kid underwear and stop whining.
Learn, Think, Make, Do
- Apparently, cell phones make our brains more active, but no one knows whether this is good or bad.
- Kristi has photography, crafting, and food linkity.
- The world’s smallest aquarium holds two teaspoons of water… but what sort of fish do you put in it?!
- Did you know that Simon’s Cat was inspired by Simon Tofield’s black cat Hugh?
- Control a video game by kissing! (Guess what I think the next generation of game control will be…)
- You can now get breast milk ice cream in London…
- Or make some chocolate-dipped beer marshmallows…
- I wonder how many car accidents have happened because people were gawking at this? (Thanks, CursingMama!)
- Ready to host a Wii swinger’s party?!
- Fox! White lion cubs! Baby rhino! Lion cub and meerkat! Ferret! Cheetah family! Tigers! Mr. Tiny Blinkertonz! Lion! Fennecs! Mini horse! Cat and kitten! Lion cubs! Kittens! Pandas!
Lessons in Power (Cambridge Fellows Mysteries, Book 4) by Charlie Cochrane. ebook. Very good historical m/m mystery/romance in which events conspire to bring up a dark event from Jonty’s past that continues to haunt him.
Lessons in Temptation (Cambridge Fellows Mysteries, Book 5) by Charlie Cochrane. ebook. Very good historical m/m mystery/romance, which finds Jonty and Orlando in Bath for academic pursuits, mostly. This one had me quite anxious (the temptation bit).
Putting Out Fires (Coda Book 5) by Marie Sexton. ebook short. Very good short m/m romance about Matt trying to figure out what he can do for Valentine’s in order to make Jared feel appreciated.
Promises (Coda, Book 1) by Marie Sexton. ebook. After reading Putting Out Fires, I really wanted to read more Matt and Jared, so I read Promises and The Promise again. 🙂
The Promise (Coda, Book 3.5) by Marie Sexton. free ebook short. Very good short m/m romance about Matt and Jared, after they’ve been together for about 18 months. Reread.
First Impressions by Josephine Myles. ebook short. Very good short m/m romance about an artist who becomes fascinated by the guy wearing a suit and crazy socks who he sits across from on the train every day.
Nowhere Ranch by Heidi Cullinan. ebook. Excellent kinky m/m romance about a guy who stays on the move since his family discovered he was gay and started praying for his soul. When he starts working at Nowhere Ranch, he certainly was not prepared for the interpersonal complications… but will he stay or will he go?
Long-Term by Angelia Sparrow & Naomi Brooks. ebook. Very good kinky m/m romance about a university president who takes in a sub whose top kicked him out with not much more than the clothes on his back.
Finding Sanctuary by D.C. Juris. ebook. Good kinky m/m romance about a guy who’s felt only half alive for a long time, even though he has all the trappings of success (nice house, lovely fiancee, good job). He’s slowly beginning to realize that what he actually needs are things that his father beat into him as being wrong.
Eros Rising by Ally Blue. ebook. Good m/m romance about a guy who’s staying in his not-so-good relationship out of complacency, until he becomes friends with a stripper…
Ten Percent by R.J. Scott. free ebook short. Good m/m snippet (covering maybe an hour) about a guy sitting at his desk, thinking about what being out at work would mean.
Another Little Secret (Sandpipers, Book 1.5) by Jade Archer. free ebook short. Sweet, steamy short m/m/m romance that takes place some months after Sandpipers’ Secrets, at Valentine’s.
Granite: A Rocky Start by G.H. Worth. ebook. So-so m/m romance about a police detective and an assistant district attorney who’ve had the hots for each other for months, but neither realized the other was gay.
“Look at how cute and snuggly I am! You’re jealous, I know.” -Mayhem