- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Smart Bitches on reading position stock photos.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- 50 word games for kids and adults.
- “How to create a wiki to support your fantasy worldbuilding“.
- “We need to admit that Mary Poppins is a sociopath“.
- Something you might not have known about JRR Tolkien.
- Have you considered… working class wizards?
- Writing with commentary (as in sports commentary).
Think, Learn, Make, Do
- This is the last year for In the Heart of the Beast’s MayDay Parade in Minneapolis, after 45 years.
- Why asexuality needs to be more widely known.
- How to opt out of free samples from Amazon.
- Charles Darwin might have had Lyme’s disease.
- What could go wrong with the FDA’s food safety inspectors not working during the government shutdown?
- The Olivetti Lettera 22 is 65 years old.
- Food intolerances vs food allergies.
- Cheesy garlic and herb smashed sweet potatoes.
- Sweet potato and coconut curry.
- Many ways to boil eggs.
- 3-ingredient Nutella brownies.
- Creamy orange bars.
- On bowerdragons.
- “Humans are loyal if properly bonded“.
- Good words.
- More good words.
- Lots of Twin Cities’ murals. A couple are borderline NSFW, but they ARE on the sides of buildings here in Minneapolis, so….
- Inspiration for girls.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda and some friends from Hamilton saved the Drama Book Shop in NYC.
- “I’m not so weird to me.“
- John Darnielle (The Mountain Goats) on “This Year”.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- This probably won’t make any sense if you aren’t a gamer.
- I have absolutely made Snickers “Salad” before, although probably not for at least 25 years. I had no idea it was such a regional thing, though.
- “No time for mansplaining…“
- About my Minnesota-shaped cutting board.
- The difference between dining out and eating at home.
- It’s so true!
Trailer Park Fae, Roadside Magic, and Wasteland King (Gallow & Ragged #1-3) by Lilith Saintcrow. Good trilogy about a war between the Seelie and Unseelie Courts (Summer and Unwinter) and the half-human/half-fae who get caught in the middle.
Night Shift (Jill Kismet #1) by Lilith Saintcrow. Reread of this paranormal romance about a demon hunter whose powers are demon-enhanced. No desire to read more of the series. Last time I tried, I think I made it two books in before giving up…
The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Fighting the Big Motherfuckin’ Sad by Adam Gnade. What it says on the tin. It was fine. I don’t think the author and I would enjoy hanging out with each other, tho.
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer. Good young adult scifi twist on the Cinderella tale – Cinder is a cyborg.
On Looking: Eleven Walks with Expert Eyes by Alexandra Horowitz. Very good book about a woman who goes for walks with various experts (geologist, doctor, architect, etc) and experiences the various lens different people use to see the world.
“My foot is not big! It is perfect!!!” -Mayhem