- Booklover’s giving away a copy of Beth Williamson’s new cowboy romance, Unbridled. Variety of ways to enter before 11:59 pm EDT, July 10.
- Bloudedd’s giving away two copies of Kathryne Kennedy’s historical fantasy romance, The Fire Lord’s Lover. Comment by July 11 for your chance to win.
- Smexy’s getting buried by books – let her know (by July 12) which of the two sets of books you’d like.
- Shawn Lane’s giving away a copy of her forthcoming m/m romance, Pieces. Leave a comment by July 17 for your chance to win.
- KB’s giving away autographed copies of Maggie Stiefvater’s paranormal romances, Shiver and Linger. You have until July 20 to fill out the form.
- New releases: Lily (m/m romance), KB (romances that caught her eye), and Literary Escapism (UF/PNR, includes interviews and more).
- Carolyn Jewel wonders if authors understand copyright, fair use, and free speech. Recommended reading whether you’re an author, or a reviewer who’s dealt with an author freakout.
- August is going to be Michigan author month at Fang-tastic Books – let Roxanne know if you’re an author from Michigan!
- Really, I can’t think of a better book for Bella and Edward than Wuthering Heights…
- Ebook reader prices have plummeted recently – does that mean that none of the smaller ereader companies will survive?
- Are we unwilling to pay more than $10 for ebooks because we don’t perceive them in the same way we do physical books?
- Ebook news from Smart Bitches, including a link to a Bitten by Books post with links to 44 free Kindle ebooks.
- Lots of link goodness from Dear Author, including some Kindle freebies.
- Does a system that turns video game pirates into purchasers have lessons for ebooks?
- Read this if you’re an author who’s considering self-publishing ebooks.
Learn, Make, Do, Think
- If you have an iTunes account, go right now and look at your purchase history, to make sure yours wasn’t one of the accounts hacked recently.
- You might want to look to see whether your favorite stadium has the light poles that are being recalled because they fall over…
- US passport fees are increasing on Tuesday, July 13. Will I remember to get a new photo so I can renew by then?!
- Based on new data, women should be using a more complicated formula to determine maximum heart rate.
- If you’re uninsured and have pre-existing conditions, you still might be able to apply for the new state high-risk pools.
- You can now get Dr. Seuss Chucks! Oh, that Chucks didn’t hate my feet so…
- Words to think about regarding what it means to be male and to be female – check the comments, too.
- Eyre’s linkity is awesome and totally NSFW. 🙂
- Kristi has crafting, cooking, and photography links.
- Wine vending machines, complete with breathalyzer…
- We’ve all heard of sporks, but have you heard of knorks?!
- A bendable bicycle, which can tie itself to the bike rack?!
- Carbon fiber toilets and bidets? Is it really wise to make such things from a material that gets brittle easily?!
- Don’t even think about taking your snow globe on the plane…
- A bit of dating humor…
- Are you using the correct social media for your particular behavioral disorder?
- At IKEA, even a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) is do-it-yourself.
- I love Hyperbole and a Half.
- Metaphor or simile? (Make sure you hover your mouse over the comic to get additional text.)
- If you’re stealing wireless, you might want to be discreet about it…
- Where do you send your refund request if life isn’t living up to your expectations?
- Archie’s choose-your-own gay adventure (yup, Archie of the Archie comics). (Thanks, Charles!)
- Who care if it’s funny or not, that kitten is cute.
- Wow, and he wasn’t even a black kitty…
- Tired of all the kittens? How about a baby mouse deer or a daily bunny? (Thanks, Jase!)
- I hadn’t seen these black cat prints before – very cool.
- Floofy kittens! Floof! Poof! Floof! Melly! Cats and kittens! Lampshade kitten! Dancing kittens! Kitteny kittens!
Gay Friendly (G-A-Y, Book 9) by Kim Dare. ebook short. Very good sweet m/m romance about an innocent young man staying at a gay friendly hotel who isn’t at all prepared for how “friendly” (and groping) the other guests are. Fortunately for him, an older, more dominant guest takes pity on him and offers his protection… but does the young man actually want more than just that safety? (If you don’t see a bookcover for this one, it means Total-E-Bound is down.)
Handcuffs and Glory Holes (Rawlings Men, Book 2) by Kim Dare. ebook short. Very good sweet’n’kinky short m/m romance about a mistreated sub who’s used to being pimped out and doesn’t dare believe that things can be different.
Gaymes by Jenna Byrnes, Gwendolyn Cease, Kim Dare, Carol Lynne, Jude Mason, Devon Rhodes, & Lisabet Sarai. ebook collection. Overall enjoyable collection of m/m romances, each focused around a game of some sort, such as Highland games, pool, Scabble, and flag football. Five of the six stories were good or better and one story was kinda meh.
Samhain Enchanted Evening by M. King. free ebook short. Ok freebie short m/m romance about a guy whose life feels very dull to him these days and he doesn’t see that changing at the Halloween party he has to attend.
Thirteen Maidens by M. King. ebook short. Good m/m romance short about two guys who are taking a week to visit standing stones, including the mysterious standing stones known as the Thirteen Maidens.
The Dream Thief by M. King. ebook short. Good fantasy m/m short about a guy who has incredibly realistic feeling dreams of a dream lover that start when he’s a teenager and gain power through the years.
Spam! It’s What’s for Christmas by Lenore Black. ebook short. Very good short m/m holiday romance about a guy who was fired and then dumped by his boyfriend. He hasn’t had any luck finding a new job while he pines for his boyfriend… until he answers a modeling ad. *ahem*
Because It’s True by Willa Okati. ebook. So-so m/m romance about a guy who’s given up on dating since his last boyfriend ditched him while they were traveling to Canada to get married. This never came together for me – the guys never seemed like actual guys and the book could easily have been half as long as it was. Also, I wanted to slap characters. Frequently. But hey, I like the cover! 🙂
From the Midsummer’s Nightmare Daily Dose…
Charlies Chuckles by Clare London. ebook short. Very good short paranormal m/m romance about two guys who live in the same building, but have never spoken until a morning of small disasters sends them careening into each other.
I Can See Right Through You by Zahra Owens. ebook. Good paranormal m/m romance about a writer who’s staying in his aunt’s old house after she had to move to a care facility. He discovers that the house has a ghost… a ghost he comes to care about deeply.
Oubliette by G.S. Wiley. ebook short. So-so historical paranormal m/m short about an Englishman who was captured by Spaniards after his ship was wrecked.
Careful What You Wish For by Elizabeth Copland. ebook short. Ok short paranormal m/m romance about a guy who’s had a crush on his oblivious roommate for a long time.
What’s Past Is Presence by Lori C. Hawkins. ebook short. Meh short m/m romance about a couple who discover that their house may be haunted… or is it? A large part of the meh on this one was the choppy, simplistic language.
“Napping. Or trying to at least. Go away. All of you.” -Chaos
32 thoughts on “Each week, I’m convinced that I won’t have enough links to bother with linkity…”
Thanks for the link on the ebooks reader. I am still trying to decide on what to get to replace my Fitzroy…
Love the stealing wireless note …. funny..
What a haul of book you got through.. I love the cover on the Okati book.
It looks like a Nunn piece, it also looks similiar to the artwork in Black Wade…
I see the weekend began early for you or are you just resting the Paw O’ Death..
A recent post from Erotic Horizon..Waiting on Wednesday- Gone Too Far – Angela Winters
Haha, I did the Archie one but they sure wanted him to play with the boys so instead I made him die in an exploding volcano 😉
oh yeah, right… you should try that sometime and see what your readers say!
A recent post from lisa..Navajo
Crap. How can I have a good Friday without time to go through all the linketies and ooh and aww over kittens and find out valuable stuff like what a knork is. Stupid training.
I WANT those striped Dr. Seuss shoes. I have plain red, need stripes. 🙂
I’ll be back after work to click away to my hearts content.
A recent post from Tam..Tuesday Tastes
All your links and naughty books could keep a person up all night. No wonder a kitty needs a nap!
Your linkety’s are so much fun, Chris. Thanks. Happy Friday. I’ll tiptoe so I don’t awaken his majesty.
Who could ever tire of kittens?? And – The Daily Rabbit!!!
No wonder Chaos is tired…
A recent post from Brigitte..What A Shame
I’ve been enjoying my ereader experience. My husband who gave it to my birthday I think is a bit surprised at how much use I get out of it. I’ve read three library books and a number of other books in the last two weeks. Not too bad with all of the things I’ve got going.
Oh, and I shared the Hyperbole link with everybody! It’s just such a dog thing.
A recent post from Seanna Lea..my kingdom for a nap
Love the chucks. The book light was disappointing, because I mis-read it! I thought it would be a lamp for reading! 🙂
A recent post from Jennifer..Planning and preparation
I blame you for my ass being stuck to this kitchen chair for the last 30 minutes.
I like the Chucks, too, but my feet – they can’t do it. I saw some sparkly ones the other day and really wanted them, but all I’d be able to do is sit down with my feet up and admire them. 🙁
There’s always enough links for linkity! This is the infinitude of the www we’re talking about! Love the photo of Chaos — he has this look of fraying patience, ha, ha!
A recent post from Val Kovalin..Great news – Im getting published-
OK. Wine vending machine on order…
Spam! Itâ€™s Whatâ€™s for Christmas –> love the blurb for this one
Mouse deer! Awesome!
Love the giant eye, too. And the magnetic putty. And the bendable bike…
A recent post from Cheryl S…FO- Aramis
I love Friday mornings! Two cups of coffee and lots of fun links. Thanks! And thanks for the mention.
After reading the article on the iTunes hacking I count myself lucky. My account was hacked but only charged around $25 which Paypal promptly returned. I love Paypal!
A recent post from Lily..New Books Available – Week 27
Chaos, I think you have the right idea! Oh, and tell your mom thanks for linking to my linkity 🙂
A recent post from Kristi aka FiberFool..ECF- Local Edition 1 – Old Firehouse Books
Okay, I’m back. I had to send that funny dating thing to my friend Craig. That’s probably why he doesn’t have a boyfriend.
That kitty eating the angel was hiliarious.
I too liked Spam, but I read it at Christmas. LOL And I knew there was a book I read that I didn’t review, the WO one. I wanted to slap him so bad at the end and tell him to get a grip on reality. Sigh. Clare London’s seems like it might be worth getting.
I’ve missed my internet today. LOL I think I have a problem. But I’m in no hurry to find a cure. 🙂
A recent post from Tam..Tuesday Tastes
Won’t go away, Chaos, so there. I assume you can nap anyway?
The XKCD comics are too good! Love it.
A recent post from Carrie K..Uffish Thoughts
So sorry to disturb you, Chaos!
Awesome list, Chris, and thanks for the mention!
A recent post from Eyre..Recent Reads
Carbon fiber toilets and bidets?! Just say no!
Oh I love those Dr. Seuss Chucks!
When i think of manly scents, it’s not necessarily something I want to smell.
A recent post from Sydney..The Food Edition
Yes my demon master, I will depart as you wish. You have your snooze. 😉
Great linkety as always – loved the hyperbole.. LOL And, the LOL links are becoming a favorite..
It’s the weekend! WOOT!!
A recent post from Lea..closetwriter is now closetreader -P
Can’t stop laughing at Hyperbole and a Half!!!!
If Chaos wants us to go away, Mom’s got to stop putting such cool things on the linkity… (gotta go check out H and H now… very cool…)
you know you don’t scare us chaos…… **raises eyebrow at him**
Mommie, thanks for all the linkity links!
It is past Friday! Yaya.. now it can slow the hell down!
I hope all is well hon!
Plenty of linkity to keep me busy this weekend. 😉
For me, I think the reason why I don’t want to pay the same price for an ebook as a real is because a physical book is something I can touch so that makes it more tangible. Plus you can always trade your physical books for others so the physical books have more value truly in my opinion.
I hope you guys are enjoying your weekend!! 🙂
Thanks for the many, many links and the heads up on the contest for Pieces. 🙂
I enjoyed Kim’s Gay Friendly too. It was sweet.
A recent post from Janna ErotRomReader..Happy Gay Friday
Thank you so much for the links! You’re a star! And I think I’ll be going on a Kim Dare glom soon 🙂
A recent post from orannia..Rinse And Repeat
I love the linkity so much….
Yeah, you not have enough linkity? Yeah right.
Also – I can’t take the Mistletoe Madness covers any more seriously than the Midsummer Nightmares ones…
I can’t figure out how you have time every week to find all this stuff!
The Bendable Bike….okay that is just scary. I mean how could it stand the test of time. And after a trip to the emergency with my husband several years back from a bike accident on a normal bike, I can just imagine th epotential lawsuits. Not that we sued anyone, he was being an idiot on the bike and flipped it. But I work for attorneys, and I’ve lapsed into always thinking about lawsuits. Scary I know.
Don’t worry Chaos, if your mom keeps waking you up with the annoying photography, call me, we’ll see if the firm will sue her.
A recent post from Rebekah..Summer Block Party
Well that’s rather inhospitable of you, Chaos!
As usual, a bunch of great linkety-links. The snow globe thing makes me think we ought to fire TSA from airport security. They have just gone too far this time.
The wine-vending machine is weird. It’s just a good thing I don’t live there. That’s even worse than having to show your ID to get a decongestant.
And last but not least, I’ve never worn Chucks in my life, but those Suess shoes might make me have to do it.
A recent post from Lorette..Better
That forest-in-a-box was kinda disappointing.
Have you seen the daily otters? Some of them are pretty great.
A recent post from naomi..eye candy friday