Congrats to tea58, who won Baited by Tami Veldura! Tami will release Baited today.
Congrats to Jess1, who wonÂ The Fifth Son (2nd ed) byÂ Blaine D Arden!Â The Fifth Son will be released by Cayendi Press today.
Congrats to Sally, who won Stardust by Andrew Grey!Â Stardust will be available as part of the Dreamspinner Press holiday collection Celebrate! on December 1.
- Briefish linkity today because of my holiday weekend. 🙂
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance) and Tor.com (genre-benders, scifi, fantasy)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Smart Bitches on ritual repeats – the books/movies/etc that you like to periodically re-experience.
- Dear Author on romance and emotional justice.
- Jurassic Jane Eyre.
- Smart Bitches Gift Guide: Games.
- For aspiring scientists.
- Tech gifts.
- Consumer Reports (interactive).
Think, Make, Do, Learn
- What an astronaut’s Thanksgiving dinner looked like.
- “Why don’t’ woodpeckers get brain damage?“
- I gave up eating sprouts a few years ago when I noticed they kept reappearing in food recalls/food poisonings…
- What’s the longest train journey in the world?
- “21 rhetorical devices explained“.
- Pumpkin maple coffee cake.
- Gingerbread cake.
- 5 turkey soups.
- Roasted potato breakfast nachos. (via The Kitchn)
- Easy stovetop mac and cheese.
- Stuffed soft pretzel bites.
- Coconut cream pie.
- Apple crumble pie.
- Treehouses you can stay in. (via mental_floss)
- Two hours of deleted scenes from the original Star Wars trilogy.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation blooper reel.
- Making a sword… out of a nail.
- Planetary glasses.
- LEGO Guardian Building (Detroit).
- LEGO Birds set.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Ornament shot glasses.
- Chewbacca rug. (via The Mary Sue)
- Odor-eating toilet seat.
- British bus that runs on food waste and human feces.
- Keyboard-shaped waffle maker.
- Oreo biscuits from Church’s Chicken. (via The Kitchn)
- 25 Thanksgiving autocorrects.
- Turkeys that don’t look like turkeys from Cake Wrecks. (nsfw?)
- Naughty but cute kitty.
Casino Infernale (Secret Histories #7) by Simon R Green. Another ok addition to this series. Once again, only Eddie can save the family Drood and the world, blah blah blah.
“I disapprove of this bear and of the coworkers who sent it to you with all of those terrifying ‘Get Well Soon’ balloons.” -Mayhem
7 thoughts on “Linkity gives thanks”
Chris- I’ve noticed that you can’t even buy sprouts anymore, which makes me think it’s probably better to grow your own.
I like sprouts on sandwiches.
A friend made GF pumpkin and apple pie just for ME. I am ever grateful, but oh so full!!
I gave up sprouts years ago, too. I considered growing my own, but then heard it was no safer, since the bacteria is in the seeds. So sad.
I hope May gave that bear a good slapping.
Hope you’re doing better, and are having a nice weekend.
Seriously, the dino blurb. LOL
I wish the control the ball with your brain waves game were a bit cheaper. Sounds like fun. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Creampieeee :Q_____ I hope to cook it soon 😀
I’m glad you are better. I did laugh at that kitty in the tree.