- Piper, MJ, and Xara are giving away several prize packages related to One Small Thing by Piper Vaughn & MJ O’Shea and Bennie’s Wish by Xara X. Xanakas. Hurry over – you have to comment by 9 pm CDT today, May 11, for your chance to win!
- Joyfully Jay’s giving away an ebook copy of Out in the Field by Kate McMurray. Contest closes 11:59 pm EDT, May 11 (aka today).
- Bronwyn Green’s giving away a $25 gift certificate to the Mindful Mushroom etsy store (essential oil perfumes). Contest closes 7 pm EDT, May 15.
- Tracy’s Place is one of the stops on Anne Brooke’s book tour – stop by and find out how you can be entered to win three ebooks from Anne’s backlist. Tour ends May 18.
- Joder’s giving away an ebook copy of A Hero Rising by Aubrie Dionne. Contest closes 11:59 pm CDT, May 18.
- To celebrate the release of Yours To Take, Joely Sue Burkhart is giving away a $100 gift certificate to the online bookseller of the winner’s choice. Contest closes midnight CDT, May 21.
- New releases and more: Literary Escapism (UF/PNR), AAR (romances), and Book Lovers Inc (various types of romance).
- Looking for more pulp fiction in your life? You can download free pulp fiction ebooks (in many formats) from Munseys. (via TeleRead)
Do, Think, Learn, Make
- A lovely reminder about teaching and learning. Make sure you hover your cursor over the comic for additional text.
- Apparently the Church used to perform same-sex marriages, back in the 10th and 11th century! (Thanks, Bron!)
Cool or Wha…?
- Bacon cat toy – it looks like Chaos in that picture, but it’s not!
- Kittehs of the corn! (with apologies to Stephen King)
- Kitten! Baby black jaguars! Tiger and baby! Baby clouded leopard! Baby tigers! Black kitten! Tiger and baby! Baby ocelot! Tigers! Baby lion! Penguin! Baby jaguars! Kittens! Baby reindeer! Baby animals with their mommies! Black cat!
The Persistence of Memory (Mnevermind #1) by Jordan Castillo Price. ebook. Excellent alternate reality m/m romance about a mneomographer who’s lost his confidence after accidentally changing his dad’s reality… permanently. And then he runs into something inexplicable during an mneming session… Totally sucked into this, and impatiently waiting for the next segment. *taps fingers*
Hard Tail by JL Merrow. ebook. Very good m/m romance about an accountant, freshly laid off and from his job and newly left by his wife, who ends up running his brother’s bike shop while his brother is in the hospital. Since he’s not gay, why does he spend so much time staring at the bike mechanic’s arse?
My True Love Gave to Me (Brook Street #0.5) by Ava March. ebook. reread. Very good historical holiday m/m romance about young love, fear, and trying for a second chance, even if you’re not sure you deserve one.
Thief (Brook Street #1) by Ava March. ebook. Very good historical m/m romance about a peer who heads to a gambling hall of a certain repute to find out whether, as he suspects, he’d be wasting his time looking for a bride. The man he meets that night proves that, but is ever so mysterious…
Fortune Hunter (Brook Street #2) by Ava March. ebook. Very good historical m/m romance about a man who returns to England planning to marry an heiress so he won’t have to work; he’s not going to let anything, even friendship, stand in his way. This one really got to me. *blots eyes*
Rogues (Brook Street #3) by Ava March. ebook. Very good historical m/m romance about two men who’ve been friends since childhood and occasional lovers since their teens. Both are notorious rakehells, although one prefers men and the other women. But the whole balance of their friendship is about to change… I got sniffly reading this one, too.
Acrobat by Mary Calmes. ebook. Very good m/m romance about an English professor who spends a lot of time taking care of the teen living next door and who’s become comfortable with the teen’s uncle over the years, but never really noticed just how attractive said uncle was… until recently.
Frog by Mary Calmes. ebook. Sweet m/m romance about a cowboy who’s always traveling between rodeos and short-term jobs, only visiting his not-quite-a-boyfriend in San Francisco a few times a year. Because… how could he be a cowboy if he stayed?
Smoking Is Bad for You by Sasha L. Miller. ebook short. Very good short m/m story about two guys meeting under interesting circumstances and proceeding from there. This would get a PG-13 rating, so be aware.
Tumble Turn by Charlie Cochrane. ebook. Good m/m romance about a Paralympic swimmer who’s always planned to avoid romantic entanglements until after the 2012 Paralympics, but life has other plans… As others have noted, the British voice in this is very, very strong.
Dirty Little Secret (Dear Lake, Michigan #2) by Anah Crow & Dianne Fox. ebook short. Ok short m/m story about a guy who reaches a gay-friendly resort town in Michigan just as his married boyfriend sort of dumps him over the phone. This was way too short to be satisfying for the amount of story. Be aware this has an HFN ending.
Finally finished my sister-in-law’s Christmas (2011) socks! 🙂
“I love me some stripey socks!!” -Mayhem