- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- “How feminist bookstores changed history” (via Book Riot)
- A hopeful take on whatever happened to Susan Pevensie.
- Succinct writing advice from Neil Gaiman.
- Cat bookmarks.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- Boom! There it is.
- I ask myself this a lot.
- “Golf Digest helps free man from prison“.
- Consumer Reports on the Facebook data breach.
- European scientists are studying how being online affects mental health.
- 10 recipes for sweet potatoes.
- 10 healthy one-pot meals.
- Easy no-bake chewy granola bars.
- 15 cozy fall beverages.
- Pumpkin spice pie fries.
- Ginger pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust.
- Chocolate Rice Krispie treats.
- 10 fast chocolate desserts.
- Getting a Lady of the Lake vibe here.
- Northern Lights in northern Minnesota.
- In which ofgeography has a very weird morning.
- A little Mr Rogers’ “Garden of the Mind”…
- Award-winning nature photographs.
- kmkat is going to be on Jeopardy! A little more about that.
Cool or Wha…?
- Mac’n’cheese candy canes. (Thanks, Emma!)
- Pumpkin spice cheese.
- “Minnesota residents call police on rowdy drunk birds“.
- All very good questions about this abandoned button factory.
- “For when you want to look literally eviscerated….but like….with sexy viscera.” Halloween costume FAIL.
- …and Bill Murray would know weird.
- Zoom Zoom!
- Agree with the original poster’s assessment.
- The adventures of Pixie and Brutus.
You Had Better Make Some Noise: Words to Change the World by Phaidon Editors. A very good book of quotes tailored to these times we’re living in.
Bookmarked for Death (Booktown Mystery #2) by Lorna Barrett. I only made it about five pages before deciding I didn’t care at all and set it aside.
Crispin’s Model by Max Gladstone. Good creepy Lovecraftian short from the POV of an artist’s model sitting for an artist who pays very well but is decidedly odd…
The Dragon Conspiracy (SPI Files #2) by Lisa Shearin. Pretty good paranormal series about a Southern seer who works as an agent for Supernatural Protection and Investigation in New York City. Her boss is a vampire and his boss is a dragon…
Dead to Rites (Mick Oberon #3) by Ari Marmell. Good mystery/urban fantasy series set in 1930s Chicago about private investigator (and member of the Fae) Mick Oberon. He tries to avoid mob-related jobs, but…
Tricks of the Trade (Paranormal Scene Investigations #3) by Laura Anne Gilman. Good paranormal suspense (with a hint of romance) about an agency of New York City private investigators who are trying to prove to the Council governing the supernatural world that having unaffiliated investigators is a good thing.
A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic #1) by VE Schwab. Good tale of three Londons (White, Red, Grey) with varying degrees of magic, the man who can walk between them, a thief, and nefarious plots.
“Why aren’t you petting me, Mom????” -Mayhem