No particular reason for my crankiness, either. I must’ve been radiating it, because everyone at work gave me space and didn’t pester me today. So! Have a bunch of half-assed reviewettes and a very cute cat picture instead. 🙂
The Home Crowd Advantage (Peter Grant #1.5) by Ben Aaronovitch. free ebook. Good short story, set during the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, that ties back an incident during the 1948 Summer Olympics in London.
Broken Homes and Foxglove Summer (Peter Grant #4-5) by Ben Aaronovitch. rereads. Linking back to the series page on Goodreads – you can get to my reviewettes from there if interested.
The Hanging Tree (Peter Grant #6) by Ben Aaronovitch. Definitely read Body Work and Night Witch before you read this! I hadn’t, so I spent a certain amount of the book being annoyed about the graphic novels sneaking into the series.
Body Work (Rivers of London #1, Peter Grant #5.1) by Ben Aaronovitch. Good graphic novel addition to the series. I just wish I’d known about the graphic novels before I read The Hanging Tree – guess I’ll just have to reread it with the proper context. 🙂
Night Witch (Rivers of London #2, Peter Grant #5.2) by Ben Aaronvitch. Another good graphic novel addition to the series. This makes sense of the “Maksim” references in The Hanging Tree…
“I’m cranky, too!! Maybe I need another nap…” -Mayhem
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- “Stuff we like” from Smart Bitches.
- Cover snark.
- Rare book heist in London.
- Libraries resist.
- Audible tips and tricks.
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- Where Canadians live.
- *blink blink*
- *blink blink blink* Oh, snap!
- “NASA announces winners of the space poop challenge”.
- “tRUMP vs Truth”.
- Turn off your smart TV’s monitoring.
- Failed 80s gadgets.
- Google Earth hyperlapse.
- The eyes of the strawberry squid.
- Vegetarian kale taco salad.
- 11 popcorn recipes.
- 33 decadent chocolate desserts.
- Chocolate sheet cake with honey-roasted peanut frosting.
- One-bowl caramel skillet brownie.
- Big-batch Mexican spiced hot chocolate.
- “Math concepts explained by knitting and crochet”.
- 10 tidbits about coloring books.
- Knitting linkity from knittyBlog.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- “Coexisting with the Fair Folk who have taken up residence in/around/beneath your university: A how-to guide”.
- Nearly 49-foot tall sand castle.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Cat wine.
- “Smash Mouth’s ‘All Star’ remade with Windows XP sounds”.
- 10 personal collections.
- Van Gogh action figure (with removable ear).
- Simon’s Cat Guide to Love.
- Bad map projections. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- “No one is safe from PM Steal Yo Girl!“
- “If you hypothetically want to cross the border…”
Alien Taste, Tainted Trail, Bitter Waters, and Dog Warrior (Ukiah Oregon #1-4) by Wen Spencer. Not her best work (it’s pretty old), but at least the writing improved as the series went on. Unfortunately, this is the entire series and it doesn’t feel finished to me.
The Rivers of London, Moon Over Soho, and Whispers Underground (Peter Grant #1-3) by Ben Aaronovitch. Rereading this excellent series again. Just as good (if not better) the second time around.
“That’s enough out of you, Mayhem!” -Chaos
“Mom!!!! The big kitty is being mean to me again!!!!!” -Mayhem
Welcome back to Art Journaling Monday! 🙂
- Chalk and ink.
- “Words fail me!”
- Purple pumpkin.
- Don’t forget to breathe.
- Rainbow scribble doodle.
- “Getting harder to hear the truth these days…”
- From a 1980 UN report…
“I am not pleased about having to share your lap with the big kitty, Mom!” -Mayhem
*hunkered down and not going anywhere, complete with possessive claw out [lower left]* -Chaos