Make sure you enter the contest for A Clean Break (Gay Amish Romance #2) by Keira Andrews! Closes 7 pm CST, Monday, February 2.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance/UF) and AAR (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Dear Author on “the state of our reading habits”.
- “On the festishisation of gay men by women in the slash community – it’s more complicated than you might think“.
- James Patterson’s new thriller will self-destruct after 24 hours.
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- “US Senate votes that climate change is real as though that were the deciding factor“. (Are you terrified of US yet? For US, at least?!)
- How Bill Nye works.
- The life of an NHL dentist.
- How long would it take a bowling ball to hit bottom after being dumped in the ocean over the Mariana Trench?
- Hopefully none of you have one of the passwords on this list. *looks stern*
- Massaman curry with beef.
- 21 soups from around the world.
- Thai sticky rice pudding with coconut sauce.
Cool or Wha…?
- Leatherman bracelet – 25 tiny tools for your wrist.
- Red Velvet Oreos.
- FOX wants to bring back The X-Files – with Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny.
- So true! (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles #1) by Kevin Hearne. Ok urban fantasy about Atticus O’Sullivan, a 2000 year old druid running an apothecary in Phoenix and hiding from an old enemy. I found Atticus to be kind of annoying, actually…
Discount Armageddon (InCryptid #1) by Seanan McGuire. Ok paranormal romance about a cryptozoologist living in New York City, trying to launch a ballroom dancing career, prove to her West Coast family she can live on her own, and help out the city’s cryptid/monster population. This had a couple of particularly amusing bits (the mice!), but I didn’t quite gel with the narrator.
*sniff sniff sniff* “Your woolly wooliness pleases me, sock.” -Mayhem
Sock without Mayhem (although that’s Chaos’s head and foot coming in frame):