Stop by and enter the contest for Tied Together (The Dark Angels #2) (2nd ed) by Z Allora! Closes 7 pm CST, December 1.
Don’t forget to enter the contest for When Love Flue In (2nd ed) by Lillian Francis! Closes 7 pm CST, December 4.
- Briefish linkity today because of my holiday weekend.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance) and Tor.com (genre-benders, scifi, fantasy)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Smart Bitches on ritual repeats – the books/movies/etc that you like to periodically re-experience.
- Dear Author on romance and emotional justice.
- Jurassic Jane Eyre.
- Smart Bitches Gift Guide: Games.
- For aspiring scientists.
- Tech gifts.
- Consumer Reports (interactive).
Think, Make, Do, Learn
- What an astronaut’s Thanksgiving dinner looked like.
- “Why don’t’ woodpeckers get brain damage?“
- I gave up eating sprouts a few years ago when I noticed they kept reappearing in food recalls/food poisonings…
- What’s the longest train journey in the world?
- “21 rhetorical devices explained“.
- Pumpkin maple coffee cake.
- Gingerbread cake.
- 5 turkey soups.
- Roasted potato breakfast nachos. (via The Kitchn)
- Easy stovetop mac and cheese.
- Stuffed soft pretzel bites.
- Coconut cream pie.
- Apple crumble pie.
- Treehouses you can stay in. (via mental_floss)
- Two hours of deleted scenes from the original Star Wars trilogy.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation blooper reel.
- Making a sword… out of a nail.
- Planetary glasses.
- LEGO Guardian Building (Detroit).
- LEGO Birds set.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Ornament shot glasses.
- Chewbacca rug. (via The Mary Sue)
- Odor-eating toilet seat.
- British bus that runs on food waste and human feces.
- Keyboard-shaped waffle maker.
- Oreo biscuits from Church’s Chicken. (via The Kitchn)
- 25 Thanksgiving autocorrects.
- Turkeys that don’t look like turkeys from Cake Wrecks. (nsfw?)
- Naughty but cute kitty.
Casino Infernale (Secret Histories #7) by Simon R Green. Another ok addition to this series. Once again, only Eddie can save the family Drood and the world, blah blah blah.
“I disapprove of this bear and of the coworkers who sent it to you with all of those terrifying ‘Get Well Soon’ balloons.” -Mayhem