- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- There’s a new Librarian of Congress!
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- “12 nifty pencils“.
- Typographic mural.
Do, Make, Think, Learn
- “Octopus eyes are crazier than we imagined“.
- Linkity from Hockey in Society.
- Timelapse of storms with tornadoes.
- “Sheep fitted with cameras are mapping the Faroe Islands“.
- Infographic about relative sizes of dolphins, porpoises, and whales.
- Napkin Finance.
- “25 ways to eat salad for dinner tonight“.
- 19 recipes using peaches or nectarines.
- 11 one-pot dinners.
- Pork and broccoli rice bowls.
- Vegan eggplant bolognese.
- Eggplant jerky.
- Eggplant bacon.
- Blueberry pancake casserole.
- Four-ingredient Nutella mug cake.
- Self-Important Socks. (via bronwyngreenauthor)
- Glass sculptures that look like knitting.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- So me. So very, very me.
- Serena Williams reacts to “the obnoxious things men sometimes say about women”.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Luggage made from recycled airplane seats.
- When a giant marshmallow man attacks a train station…
- “Simulation recreates the frustration of using a typewriter“.
- Simon’s Cat and the laser pointer.
- Possibly NSFW Cake Wrecks.
- Autocorrect and monkeys.
- Autocorrect and swimming.
- Autocorrect and heat.
- Cat plus door.
Art Escapes: Daily Exercises & Inspirations for Discovering Greater Creativity & Artistic Confidence by Dory Kanter. This one’s focused mostly on using watercolors in an art journal, with a little bit about collage. I found some of the watercolor information to be extremely helpful – the author provides detailed information on specific watercolor brands and shades for primary, secondary, and tertiary colors. And although the book was published 13 years ago, the paints are still available.
“I don’t care that it’s nearly 90F, Mom – you should still have our fleecy blanket over your lap so me and the big kitty don’t have to huddle here by your foot instead!” -Mayhem