- Being an adult means new appliances (cooktop and wall oven) are very exciting!
“We claim Mount Appliance for the black kitties!!” -Chaos and Mayhem
- Becky Black is giving away an ebook copy of her freshly released Tempting the Stars (Red Dragon #3). Closes 9 am GMT, February 28.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance) and Tor.com (genre benders, fantasy, scifi, UF/PF/horror)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Becky Black with tips for writing a synopsis.
- Getting the most out of a Scribd subscription.
- Choose your own Shakespearian adventure. (via ofgeography)
- A dress printed with the first chapter of Harry Potter. (via The Mary Sue)
- Weird habits of famous writers.
- Old English insults.
- “Stories of the past and future“. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- Lusting After the Left Shark: An Erotic Comedy. (I wish I was kidding.)
- Cats who won’t let their owners read in peace.
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- Google won’t allow “adult material” on Blogger as of March 23. Or maybe they will…
- “The troubled history of the foreskin“.
- What would happen if you attached a flamethrower to your car to clear snow?
- 15 interesting things about flamingos.
- If you’re curious about llamas after yesterday’s shenanigans…
- About the FCC’s Net Neutrality decision.
- How the LEGO Oscars came to be and directions for making your own LEGO Oscar.
- The dress is blue and black. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text on the second link.)
- Chile and sausage oven frittata.
- Chicken and wild rice bake.
- 23 make-ahead lunches for work.
- Curried vegetable and chickpea stew.
- Spiced oven fries with garlic spread.
- Blueberry pie overnight oats.
- Slow cooker chicken and dumplings.
- Irish beef stew.
- Pull-apart garlic knots.
- Waffle churros con chocolate.
- Wintery photo of New York City.
- Frozen Niagara Falls.
- “Team Angry Cat”, another amazing essay by thefourthvine, this time about disability and support.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Flux Capacitor version of Yahtzee.
- Game of Thrones version of Monopoly.
- Cthulhu-themed engagement ring. (via The Mary Sue)
- Butter-flavored Kit Kats. (via The Kitchn)
- Cotton candy Oreos?
- Creme egg cookies and Easter grass Twizzlers.
- Girl Scout cookie ice cream bars and Taco Bell sauce packet chips.
- Rent a Hungarian village for $750/day.
- Superhero shoehorns.
- The Wankband.
- Game of Thrones Season 4 blooper reel.
- Baby shower cake wrecks.
- Shake up in the Berry Club. (via pipervaughn)
- How to give your child a “proper” sports name. (via hazel-3017)
- Cats going outside for the first time. (via elvenenchantress)
- Not actually Ceiling Cat…
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo. I read the first several chapters, then couldn’t continue because the writing was so repetitive. Plus there doesn’t seem to be anything in the book that you couldn’t learn simply by reading all the chapter subheadings via “Look Inside!” on Amazon. And if you do that, you avoid all the repetition!
Mayhem – stoned on socks?! Possibly even drooling…