No linkity next Friday, November 27!
- To encourage people to knit or craft in some way, Mary Lou is giving away three skeins of pumpkin-colored merino and silk laceweight yarn. Leave a comment to enter. Closes midnight CST, November 26 (aka US Thanksgiving).
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Writerly linkity from Becky Black.
- “15 basic words that are etymological mysteries“.
- Poster of fictional space.
- Dick – a card game based on Moby Dick … (via agentpantybunches)
- Kitten Harry Potter.
- Audiobook whoops.
Do, Learn, Think, Make
- How to take better cat pictures.
- Bernie Sanders on what his campaign is about.
- “Why gratitude makes you a happier person“.
- I wonder if pumpkins are grateful?
- Why cats are pickier eaters than dogs.
- On biology. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- The history of the Easy-Bake Oven.
- A math film called Symmetry.
- Documentary on making artisanal chocolates.
- Atypical autism traits.
- Gilajames is holding a virtual food drive – you can win a cool geeky bag by participating before the end of November.
- 32 Thanksgiving recipes.
- Stovetop Brussels sprouts hash with crispy sage and walnuts.
- 20 recipes for sweet potatoes.
- Stuffing waffles. (via Lifehackers)
- Chocolate pumpkin loaf.
- Maple pumpkin pie with streusel topping.
- Sweet potato pie.
- Creme brulee pie.
- Pumpkin fudge brownie pancakes with chocolate sauce. (via olo-gist)
- Find out if you have what it takes to be a Night Vale Community Radio intern.
- Amazing origami cranes. (via puckling)
- Photos from the ISS. (via emmaseasall)
- Private Moon. (via anabolic4summer)
- Five minutes of happy goalies.
- An interview with Sir Ian McKellen.
- Geeky nesting dolls.
- Heat sensitive mugs.
- 100 years of cats in movies.
- “How to go to space (with XKCD)!“
- “Sweded” version of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer.
- Le Petit Chef – Bouillabaisse video.
- Animation of famous scientists as superheroes.
- Watch the earth “breathe”.
- Virtual reality tour of the play The Lion King.
Cool or Wha…?
- Wee lampshade to turn your phone into a night light.
- Cuddly Guts.
- Cat ear headphones. (via The Mary Sue)
- Glow-in-the-dark bed star canopy.
- Supercut of speeches from sports movies.
- Condom water balloon art installation.
- Is there a Windows 3.1 technician in the house?
- Cat in a cone of shame holiday ornament.
- Santaur holiday ornament.
- Thanksgiving autocorrects.
- LEGO made special slippers to dull that “omg, I’ve stepped on a LEGO and I might die” pain.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson reads and responds to mean tweets.
- Pretty much.
Art Before Breakfast: A Zillion Ways To Be More Creative No Matter How Busy You Are by Danny Gregory. That I started this in early July and just finished it last week should tell you something – comfortable writing style, fun drawings, and yet I just wasn’t drawn in.
Journal Fodder 365: Daily Doses of Inspiration for the Art Addict by Eric M Scott and David R Modler. There’s a lot of information in this book; I think it might be best for someone just starting to art journal who is trying to figure out their own style and habits. What I liked about this book were some of the ideas for how to integrate an art journal into your life and not just work on it during “studio time” (which I have a tendency to do).
“…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…” -Chaos and Mayhem
(Maybe kitties do hibernate for the winter…)