- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- “What makes Calvin & Hobbes so special?“
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Brilliant way to store your ink samples.
- Printing the Gutenberg way.
- 40 E words.
- “11 old words for the single- or narrow-minded“.
- Authors and typewriters.
- 42 very good lines from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams.
Do, Think, Learn, Make
- The world reacts to the state of the US train “system”.
- In a few days, a new TV show about an Aboriginal superhero will premiere.
- Learn a little about cassowaries.
- Cephalopod populations are booming.
- The difference between domesticated and pre-domesticated fruits.
- Watch paper being made by hand in Japan.
- What would a rainbow look like if the earth had two suns?
- “Google patents pedestrian ‘glue’ for self-driving cars“.
- Build a Mad Max-style flamethrower guitar.
- 100 ways to eat eggs.
- 15 recipes for lunches in bowls.
- Purple cauliflower hummus.
- Buttermilk ranch potato salad.
- Strawberry risotto.
- Rhubarb upside-down cake.
- Rhubarb almond snack cake.
- Riesling rhubarb crisp layer cake.
- Two-ingredient cupcakes.
- Snickers cookies. (via elvenenchantress)
- Knit a “WORD NERD” drink sleeve.
- Yarnbombed building.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Linkity from knittyBlog.
Cool or Wha…?
- Pink Floyd postage stamps.
- Doctor Who cookbook.
- Giant mechanical squid.
- R2-D2 garden gnome.
- David Byrne has written a rock opera about Joan of Arc.
- Blueberry Pie and Fruity Crisp Oreos.
- “Black, coconut ash-flavored ice cream“.
- Bottle opener that messages your friends to come party.
- The internet names animals…
- Someone’s a little touchy about rainbows… (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- Autocorrects with dogs.
Cover to Cover 20th Anniversary Edition: Creative Techniques for Making Beautiful Books, Journals and Albums by Shereen LaPlantz. Bless this book for introducing me to the concept of spacers, which will solve a major dilemma when binding books to use as art journals. My very own used copy is on its way to me right now.
“What are you DOING, big kitty?” -Mayhem
*staring fixedly at absolutely nothing on the wall* -Chaos