Still waiting to hear whether it’s totaled or not (the rear axle is bent and the frame is not longer in its original shape). I am fine! Which is great! (I was stopped at a red light and was hit at speed by someone who apparently didn’t notice all the stopped cars, only swerving into the ditch at the last moment.) But dammit, I really like(d) this car.
- New releases: Tor.com (genre benders, fantasy, scifi) and Smart Bitches (romance)
- Read Ursula K. LeGuin’s short story “The Day Before the Revolution” for free online.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Animal Farm the video game.
Do, Make, Think, Learn
- “I hate when people in movies/tv are reading ancient languages and they translate everything smoothly and poetically…” I hadn’t really thought about that before.
- Cursive is coming back in vogue.
- NASA explains how hurricanes form.
- “How to talk about hurricanes with climate change deniers“.
- Voyager and the Golden Record.
- How elements were created.
- “Bras in space“. (via gilajames)
- Eclipse linkity from BookwyrmKnits.
- “Why America still hasn’t switched from Fahrenheit to Celsius“.
- Bat locator app.
- There’s a new color of chocolate.
- How to use white privilege for good, effectively.
- On toxic masculinity.
- Equifax got hacked – 143 million US residents are affected. ARGH.
- Fall foliage prediction map.
- The western US is on fire.
- 30 recipes using apples.
- 23 pasta andÂ noodle salads.
- 10 slow cooker vegetarian meals.
- 10 easy last-minute dinners.
- One-pot chicken taco soup.
- Taco salad with crunchy chickpeas, roasted tomatoes, and cilantro vinaigrette.
- Crunchy cabbage and peanut slaw.
- Cocoa coffee granola and cold brew bowls.
- Norwegian Christmas butter squares.
- Hot chocolate cupcakes. (via gilajames)
- Hummingbird pool party! (Thanks, Cheryl!)
- Two-year old meets the space shuttle Endeavor. (via maderr)
- Star Wars short about BB-8 and his evil twin.
- Meet the new ruler of Great Britain! 😉
- Synchronized swimming filmed upside down.
- From postcards to ruins.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Crop art and more crop art and butterheads and more crop art (including a link to a short film about crop art) at the Minnesota State Fair.
- Where is the lie?
- Understanding US currency.
- What is drawing?
- Eye-catching cat adoption signs.
- New Simon’s Cat film “Scratch Post”.
- “The Far Side of the cake“. And more Cake Wrecks.
- “Disappointing moments in evolution“.
- Adventures in not-catching a bat. (Thanks, Emma!)
The Delirium Brief (Laundry Files #8) by Charles Stross. Holy crap. O.O This one was a rollercoaster ride. Very intense. And now I have to go see when book #9 is going to come out…
8 thoughts on “Linkity has had better weeks.”
Chris-Oh no! Is it a write off?
Well, hope your weekend is much better.
A recent post from lorraine..A Room Without A Roof
Your poor car! But so glad you’re OK.
The synchronized swimming is pretty wild!
We have fires here too (not as bad as the NW), but between our own smoke and theirs, it’s pretty bad here. Weird, dim, odd-colored daylight. And so much smoke. We’re supposed to have a thunderstorm this afternoon, so maybe some of it will clear out for a bit.
So glad you’re ok! Even if you find a better car you still have to deal with all the hassles of finding, purchasing, etc. and all that insurance stuff. What a time suck. I’m so sorry you’re going through all of that.
A recent post from margene..Good-bye August!
Omg that looks really bad
A recent post from blodeuedd..Asking for it – Louisa O’Neill
I’m glad you are ok. Cars are replaceable but you are not!
I love to hear that cursive is back in vogue. I was taught cursive at my American school overseas and loved the look. Unfortunately I had to simplify my handwriting for the UK when I returned. G’s are one of my favourites.
A recent post from mrspao..Pillow Talk
if I eventually have a grandchild I am going to be that crazy grandma who insists on teaching them cursive while they roll their eyes at me
Your car looks like my beloved Nissan Rogue (also white). So sorry, Chris!
So sorry about the car, but I’m glad you are fine!
The language translation thing does get me. When movies/TV get it even close to right it makes me happy! Though one of my favorite movies (Stargate) does it both right and wrong, so there’s that…
That is a FASCINATING story about the spacesuits! I can’t imagine doing sewing that precise, and without pins to hold things in place. (I have some clips to try using instead, but haven’t really tested them out yet.)
I love the Voyager stuff. Though after reading about the records, I got caught in a wormhole and just h=kept reading. 😉
A recent post from Nicole..Friday Reads ~ September 15, 2017