Still waiting to hear whether it’s totaled or not (the rear axle is bent and the frame is not longer in its original shape). I am fine! Which is great! (I was stopped at a red light and was hit at speed by someone who apparently didn’t notice all the stopped cars, only swerving into the ditch at the last moment.) But dammit, I really like(d) this car.
- New releases: Tor.com (genre benders, fantasy, scifi) and Smart Bitches (romance)
- Read Ursula K. LeGuin’s short story “The Day Before the Revolution” for free online.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Animal Farm the video game.
Do, Make, Think, Learn
- “I hate when people in movies/tv are reading ancient languages and they translate everything smoothly and poetically…” I hadn’t really thought about that before.
- Cursive is coming back in vogue.
- NASA explains how hurricanes form.
- “How to talk about hurricanes with climate change deniers“.
- Voyager and the Golden Record.
- How elements were created.
- “Bras in space“. (via gilajames)
- Eclipse linkity from BookwyrmKnits.
- “Why America still hasn’t switched from Fahrenheit to Celsius“.
- Bat locator app.
- There’s a new color of chocolate.
- How to use white privilege for good, effectively.
- On toxic masculinity.
- Equifax got hacked – 143 million US residents are affected. ARGH.
- Fall foliage prediction map.
- The western US is on fire.
- 30 recipes using apples.
- 23 pasta and noodle salads.
- 10 slow cooker vegetarian meals.
- 10 easy last-minute dinners.
- One-pot chicken taco soup.
- Taco salad with crunchy chickpeas, roasted tomatoes, and cilantro vinaigrette.
- Crunchy cabbage and peanut slaw.
- Cocoa coffee granola and cold brew bowls.
- Norwegian Christmas butter squares.
- Hot chocolate cupcakes. (via gilajames)
- Hummingbird pool party! (Thanks, Cheryl!)
- Two-year old meets the space shuttle Endeavor. (via maderr)
- Star Wars short about BB-8 and his evil twin.
- Meet the new ruler of Great Britain! 😉
- Synchronized swimming filmed upside down.
- From postcards to ruins.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Crop art and more crop art and butterheads and more crop art (including a link to a short film about crop art) at the Minnesota State Fair.
- Where is the lie?
- Understanding US currency.
- What is drawing?
- Eye-catching cat adoption signs.
- New Simon’s Cat film “Scratch Post”.
- “The Far Side of the cake“. And more Cake Wrecks.
- “Disappointing moments in evolution“.
- Adventures in not-catching a bat. (Thanks, Emma!)
The Delirium Brief (Laundry Files #8) by Charles Stross. Holy crap. O.O This one was a rollercoaster ride. Very intense. And now I have to go see when book #9 is going to come out…