- Caffetto’s current “no parking” mural:
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance), Dear Author (romance), Smart Bitches (romance), and Tor.com (P/UF & Horror, genre benders, scifi, fantasy)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Lots and lots of bookity linkity from Book Riot.
- Sunita on “[t]rust and secrets in Romanceland”.
- Romance as refuge.
- 10 unusual libraries. (via blue–spruce)
- “17 behind-the-scenes secrets of bookstores“.
Do, Think, Learn, Make
- “Population distribution of the United States in units of Canadas.” (via blue–spruce)
- Time said cats were a hot new trend… in 1981.
- Did The X-Files and its online fandom shape “how contemporary fandom works”? (Ignore the post’s horrible title.)
- I would be a horrible and hated parent, because I’d attach such a device to the tv/gaming consoles.
- Why we swing our arms when we walk.
- Breakfast baked potato.
- Breakfast salad with a pizza crust waffle.
- Salsa verde breakfast nachos.
- Baked Denver omelet.
- Chicken, chard, and cranberry bean stew.
- Chicken adobo with rice.
- Rice noodle salad with spring vegetables and tahini-lime dressing.
- Spicy vegetarian ma po tofu.
- Chipotle’s guacamole recipe.
- 17 taco recipes.
- Strawberry cheesecake breakfast bars.
- Almond croissants or chocolate-almond croissants.
- Rhubarb and rye anytime cake.
- Applesauce cake.
- Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
- Easy flourless chocolate cake.
- Cinnamon sugar biscuits.
- Cornmeal crepes with taco filling.
- Almond nut thin crackers copycat recipe.
- The intersection of Star Wars Day (May the Fourth be with you…) and cute shelter kitties in Ottawa.
- Scrap metal dragons.
- Lake of the Isles sunset. Spoonbridge & Cherry.
- Linkity from kmkat.
- Potato chip nachos.
- “Write an essay, win a mortgage-free goat cheese farm with 85 goats in Alabama“.
- “Listen to Thomas Edison’s scary talking dolls and never sleep again“.
- “Ambitiously homophobic Nebraska woman sues every gay on earth“.
- “Ancient penis worm dragged itself around on super weird throat teeth“.
- Notable moments found in every NHL playoff series.
- What those laundry symbols really mean.
- Modern day sword in the stone. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- Unusual dragon hoard of… kitchen supplies. (via maderr)
- “Alien abduction bug caused male pregnancies among men who woohoo-ed with aliens in The Sims 4“.
- 8 gaming autocorrects.
- 10 movie autocorrects.
- Kitten version of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Basic Colored Pencil Techniques by Bet Borgeson. Very good book that’s exactly what’s on the tin. 🙂 I think I saw this used in Uptown a couple weeks ago – I’m going to check to see if it’s still there. It’ll be easier to use as a reference if I have a physical copy on hand, instead of repeatedly borrowing the ebook from the library. (Found it used at Magers & Quinn – yay!)
Journal It! Perspective in Creative Journaling by Jenny Doh. Gorgeous and inspiring words and images on keeping an art journal from 19 artists. Since I had to take a break in the middle of reading it to go art, I’d definitely recommend it for those looking for inspiration.
*trying to decide if Mayhem is being annoying enough by existing that he needs to go find somewhere else to nap* -Chaos
*vaguely annoyed by the giant
catlick cowlick Chaos left behind her right ear* -Mayhem