- Caffetto’s current “no parking” mural:
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance), Dear Author (romance), Smart Bitches (romance), and Tor.com (P/UF & Horror, genre benders, scifi, fantasy)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Lots and lots of bookity linkity from Book Riot.
- Sunita on “[t]rust and secrets in Romanceland”.
- Romance as refuge.
- 10 unusual libraries. (via blue–spruce)
- “17 behind-the-scenes secrets of bookstores“.
Do, Think, Learn, Make
- “Population distribution of the United States in units of Canadas.” (via blue–spruce)
- Time said cats were a hot new trend… in 1981.
- Did The X-Files and its online fandom shape “how contemporary fandom works”? (Ignore the post’s horrible title.)
- I would be a horrible and hated parent, because I’d attach such a device to the tv/gaming consoles.
- Why we swing our arms when we walk.
- Breakfast baked potato.
- Breakfast salad with a pizza crust waffle.
- Salsa verde breakfast nachos.
- Baked Denver omelet.
- Chicken, chard, and cranberry bean stew.
- Chicken adobo with rice.
- Rice noodle salad with spring vegetables and tahini-lime dressing.
- Spicy vegetarian ma po tofu.
- Chipotle’s guacamole recipe.
- 17 taco recipes.
- Strawberry cheesecake breakfast bars.
- Almond croissants or chocolate-almond croissants.
- Rhubarb and rye anytime cake.
- Applesauce cake.
- Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
- Easy flourless chocolate cake.
- Cinnamon sugar biscuits.
- Cornmeal crepes with taco filling.
- Almond nut thin crackers copycat recipe.
- The intersection of Star Wars Day (May the Fourth be with you…) and cute shelter kitties in Ottawa.
- Scrap metal dragons.
- Lake of the Isles sunset. Spoonbridge & Cherry.
- Linkity from kmkat.
- Potato chip nachos.
- “Write an essay, win a mortgage-free goat cheese farm with 85 goats in Alabama“.
- “Listen to Thomas Edison’s scary talking dolls and never sleep again“.
- “Ambitiously homophobic Nebraska woman sues every gay on earth“.
- “Ancient penis worm dragged itself around on super weird throat teeth“.
- Notable moments found in every NHL playoff series.
- What those laundry symbols really mean.
- Modern day sword in the stone. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- Unusual dragon hoard of… kitchen supplies. (via maderr)
- “Alien abduction bug caused male pregnancies among men who woohoo-ed with aliens in The Sims 4“.
- 8 gaming autocorrects.
- 10 movie autocorrects.
- Kitten version of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Basic Colored Pencil Techniques by Bet Borgeson. Very good book that’s exactly what’s on the tin. 🙂 I think I saw this used in Uptown a couple weeks ago – I’m going to check to see if it’s still there. It’ll be easier to use as a reference if I have a physical copy on hand, instead of repeatedly borrowing the ebook from the library. (Found it used at Magers & Quinn – yay!)
Journal It! Perspective in Creative Journaling by Jenny Doh. Gorgeous and inspiring words and images on keeping an art journal from 19 artists. Since I had to take a break in the middle of reading it to go art, I’d definitely recommend it for those looking for inspiration.
*trying to decide if Mayhem is being annoying enough by existing that he needs to go find somewhere else to nap* -Chaos
*vaguely annoyed by the giant
catlick cowlick Chaos left behind her right ear* -Mayhem
7 thoughts on “Linkity is done and ready to be scheduled and it still doesn’t have a title”
I may have to not to to work and start making food. While swinging my arms.
A recent post from marylou..The mystery of spring gardens
In the end, it’s just not worth moving. You may as well stay where you are and nap, Chaos. Cowlicks are cool, Mayhem.
Chris- Thanks. The Edison doll made my neck hairs stand up.
A recent post from lorraine..Ten On Tuesday- 10 Favorite Mexican Foods
I really like those two books you mentioned. I love the idea of art journalling.
A recent post from mrspao..The almost matchy matchy
The laundry symbols…euww, washing everything in 30 is not gonna make it clean
A recent post from blodeuedd..The unlikely lady – Valerie Bowman
I totally agree with the Smart Bitches post about romance being a refuge from things that are going on in everyday life. The knowledge that it’s all going to work out in the end is very comforting.
And Sunita’s mention of ‘personas’ hit the spot with me because the writer of a blog I’d read for over a year eventually admitted that his persona wasn’t real. I found it quite shocking and upsetting.
Mmmm. Those cinnamon biscuits look amazing.
She wrote, while waiting for her bread to rise before baking.
A recent post from Cheryl S…The Grass is Greener