- So, we got 10.5 inches/26.67 cm of snow last Friday. Then it got sunny and warmer and the snow was completely gone by Sunday afternoon. This video will help you share some of that experience: Are You MN Enough? Winter Sucks.
- Saturday night I dragged Jeanne to see Cloud Cult at the Fitzgerald Theater. It was awesome. 🙂 Here’s a great song of theirs (“Armor and Calla Lilies”) that sadly wasn’t played.
- Less than awesome was Chaos managing to scrape one of his corneas again (scroll down to the cat picture and note below it) on Wednesday. Ointment four times each day and back to the vet Tuesday for a recheck. Ugh. 🙁
- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of Dance Until Dawn by Berni Stevens. Closes April 12.
- Fiction Vixen shares tips for making sure the last book in your series actually feels like the end of the series.
- One reader’s tale of switching from iPhone to Android. (One of her complaints was that Mailbox wasn’t available for Android, but it is now.)
- ‘Tis a bitter moment in the fanfic reader’s life, this. Time to reread! 🙂
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- You probably need to change some passwords because of the Heartbleed security bug. Good luck figuring out which sites have properly updated and reissued their security certificates so that it’s safe to change your password. (“Safe” as in you won’t have to change it at that same site again right away because they weren’t completely done with the fix.) Some black humor to help you through. (Hover your cursor for additional text.) And an explanation of Heartbleed from xkcd. (Again with the hovering.)
- Lots of vehicle recalls this week – this post about BMW’s recall has links to Ford and Toyota’s as well. “What to do if your car is recalled: An explainer“.
- CallRed can help you contact people who can actually help you with problems when a company has bad customer service.
- “The leading flank in discovering how to use technology in cool, interesting, thoughtful ways will generally always be the amateurs.“
- 10 parve Passover desserts. (I haven’t confirmed that each of the recipes is gf, but it’s very likely that most, if not all, are. Beware any matzo.)
- All of the onscreen deaths (5179) in Game of Thrones… so far. (I’m going to guess this contains spoilers……)
- Completely amazing 3-D pregame video extravaganza by the Halifax Mooseheads of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
Cool or Wha…?
- A woman received a birthday card in the mail – a birthday card that was mailed in 1969, from her (now dead) parents.
- What does the type of coffee you order say about you? (It’s spot-on for me with the mocha!)
- Jaguar and baby! Otters and babies! Cranes and baby! Kitten! Muskox and baby! Baby tiger! Baby agouti! Baby penguins!
- It’s almost time for the playoffs! 🙂
*kitty meditation* -Mayhem