May’s not as lively now that the anesthetic and analgesic have worn off, but I really can’t blame her for that. Still getting food into her at least – she had some turkey baby food for dinner last night (better than nothing, right?!). Having trouble believing tomorrow’s my birthday after this rough, rough week, y’know? On the plus side, it doesn’t look like any of my numerous cat bites have gotten infected. Maybe I should stop joking about Chaos being a house panther… (For the morbidly curious, here’s what my left ankle and right calf looked like on Tuesday.)
- Joyfully Jay’s giving away an ebook copy of the Unconventional at Best anthology. Closes 11: 59 pm EST, November 18.
- Wrapped Up in Books is giving away an ebook copy of Velvet by Xavier Axelson. Closes 9 pm CST, November 19.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of Waltz with a Stranger by Pamela Sherwood. Closes November 20. US & Canada only.
- Pants Off Reviews is giving away a $10 Amazon or All Romance gift certificate – just answer Darien’s question in your comment to enter. Closes 11:59 pm EST, November 20.
- New releases and more: Literary Escapism (UF/PNR), AAR (various types of romance), and Fiction Vixen (various types of romance).
- Tale of a publisher in decline? (Thanks, Majken!) Teddypig has some additional links and commentary on the situation.
Think, Make, Learn, Do
- Might not be worth rushing out to shop on Black Friday this year – the majority of retailers are selling the same things as last year, at the same price.
Cool or Wha…?
- Safeway doesn’t want people taking pictures of its cakes. Hmm. I wonder why?
- Logic boat. (Make sure you hover your cursor over the comic for additional text!)
- Kitten butt! Red panda! Penguin and baby! Kitten! Baby tigers! Baby llama! Penguin and baby! Lioness and babies! Penguins and baby! Dolphin and baby! Kitten! Kitten! Kittens!
Heart in Hand by Salifiable. free online. reread. The hockey rpf that started it all. Very good m/m romance about two hockey players on rival teams who become friends – and more – through an unusual turn of events. I got sniffly more than once while I was reading this one. Also while rereading.
Plus lots of other hockey rpfs.
*thlurp* -Mayhem, as she cleaned her luxuriantly furred tummy on my lap last week before all the drama…