Many thanks to Mickie B. Ashling for donating an ebook copy of her forthcoming historical m/m romance, Mayon, for a lucky commenter to win!Â Mayon will be released by Dreamspinner Press on November 19.
The Philippines, 1946
After being discharged from the Marines, John Buchanan takes a position as overseer for plantation owner Ignacio Saenz. The work is good, but the real draw for John is Mount Mayon, the active volcano looming in the island’s horizon. Finally he has a chance to put his interrupted studies in vulcanology into practice.
Gregorio Delgado, the current overseer, isn’t thrilled at being replaced. However, he can’t ignore his attraction to John, who appears to be a kindred spirit. But John throws mixed signals – and more importantly, he pays too much attention to Margarita, one of Ignacio’s marriageable daughters.
As John and Gregorio begin a tour of the haciendas, John discovers he has far more in common with his new acquaintance than he thought possible. Torn between honor and desire, John struggles to define who he is and what Gregorio could mean to him. Like the unpredictable volcano, equal parts beauty and danger, Gregorio becomes an obsession that could erupt at any minute and destroy them both.
- Cutting Cords, Vessel, and Cleave
- Horizons, Taste, and Daddio
- Impacted! and Bonds of Love
- Loving Edits, Tono, and Momentos: Mickâ€™s Journey
Mickie B. Ashling is the alter-ego of a multifaceted woman raised by a single mother on a steady diet of melodrama and trashy romance novels. By the time she discovered her own talent for writing, real life had intruded, and the business of earning a living and raising four sons took priority. With the advent of e-publishing and the inevitable emptying nest, dreams were resurrected, and the storyteller was reborn.
She stumbled into the world of men who love men in 2002 and continues to draw inspiration from their ongoing struggle to find equality and happiness in this oftentimes skewed and intolerant world. Her award winning novels have been called â€œgut wrenching, daring, and thought provoking.â€ She admits to being an angst queen and making her men work damn hard for their happy endings.
Mickie loves to travel and has lived in the Philippines, Spain, and the Middle East but currently resides in a suburb outside Chicago. You can find out more about Mickie at her website.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CST, Friday, November 16.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
47 thoughts on “Ebook giveaway: Mayon by Mickie B Ashling [CONTEST CLOSED]”
Mickie B. Ashiling is always good if I want to read some angst 🙂
count me in please
Count me in here as well. Happy snow day!!
Count me in for today!
Count me in too please! Thank you!
For this one too, count me in, please and thank you!
Please Count me in!
Enter me please. Thanks!
Please count me in! Thanks 😉
Much better than yesterday, Chaos.
A recent post from margene..Thoroughly Thrown Thursday
Please count me in. Thanks
count me in, thank you 🙂
count me in, Thanks 🙂
Zzzzzounds good! Please count me in, thank you. I crave Filipino food now, too. Yum!
Please count me in. Thanks.
*whispering so as not to wake the cat* Oooh, angst and melodrama, please count me in.
Please count me in!
Please count me in.
Please add me to the goodie give away! I love Mickie’s books and would love to read this one, too. Thanks!
Count me in too please…Thank you!
Thank you Chris!
I’m always excited to see a new book from Michelle and this looks like another great read. Please count me in! Thanks, Chris.
ooh… please count me in. 😀
Please count me in. Thanks!
Please, count me in. Thanks.
Chaos makes me feel tired. zzzzz
A recent post from mrspao..Sew Nice
Please count me in.
Sounds interesting – count me in, please.
Sounds good, pls count me in.
I always enjoy Mickie’s books. Please count me in. Thanks!
Now I am going to go do what Chaos is doing. 🙂
This looks quite different because of the historical and geographical settings.
Please add me for the chance to win.
Please count me in.
It’s been a while since I last read anything by Mickie B Ashling, but I’d love to read some more!
Please enter me to win this book!
Please count me in.
Count me in please! 🙂
pls count me in, thanks 🙂
This sounds very interesting! Count me in please. Thanks for the opportunity!
I’ve never read anything by this author so I’m curious to see the angst levels.
count me in
Put my name in the hat, please.
Count me in. 🙂
Please count me in =}
It’s pouring rain here so I think Chaos has the right approach to the day. Please count me in.
Oh and Chris, check out my Bread Smut blog.lol
A recent post from Melanie Marshall..An Apple Braid or Do You See What I See? I SeeZ Bread Smut!
I would like to enter the contest
More sleepy kitty! Double yay!
A recent post from Nicole..NaNo Update & Snippet
Please count me in too 🙂
Please add me to the contest.
I love Mickie B Ashling books.
Please count me in 😛
Comments are closed.