Congrats to LoriO, who won Memories by Valentina Heart! Memories will be released by Silver Publishing on March 12.
Daylight Savings Time starts on Sunday, March 13, at 2 am. All contest end times will be adjusted accordingly! (aka whoops…)
- Patti’s giving away two ebook copies of the Hanaford Park series (Eve of Samhain and Pleasures Untold) by Lisa Sanchez. Contest closes midnight CST, March 12.
- Nicole’s giving away a book (winner’s choice from Nicole’s list) and handcrafted cards. Answer her questions in a comment by the evening of March 14.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away two ebook copies of the paranormal anthology Kiss Me, Kill Me. Contest closes March 15.
- Book Lovers Inc is giving away a copy of Icebreaker by Deirdre Martin. Leave a meaningful comment about the interview with Deirdre by March 26 for your chance to win. (US & Canada only)
- New releases and more: Lily (m/m romance), Book Lovers Inc (romances & more), Katiebabs (romances & more), and Literary Escapism (UF/PNR; news, contests, etc).
- Jackie of Literary Escapism is curious whether people prefer reviews of freshly released books or older books. (I like a mixture of both.)
- Sassy Gay Friend meets Great Expectations (link is to a video). (Thanks, Jase!)
- Some kitty and book humor. (Thanks, Jase!)
- If you find business books too dry to bother with, maybe you need to check out the comic book versions.
- You can download Details of the Hunt by Laura Baumbach (m/m, scifi), L.A. Boneyard by P.A. Brown (m/m, mystery), and The Hitch-Hiker by Stevie Woods (m/m, romantic suspense) for free through March 12. The download links are to the right of the Read an Ebook Week banner.
Think, Learn, Make, Do
- I’d never considered the physics of pruney fingers before.
- The Smithsonian discovered 3-D color photos of San Francisco taken after the 1906 earthquake.
- People who have celiac are more likely to develop asthma, and people who have asthma are more likely to develop celiac.
- Miss typing on a typewriter? Have an old typewriter? With a little work, you can add USB to it and plug it into your computer.
- Ninjabread men. (via The Kitchn).
- Make yourself an orange mocha Frappuccino from Zoolander.
- Assorted red velvet cake links, including a felt red velvet cake and red velvet cheesecake cake.
- Fun kitty and book linkity from mrspao – don’t miss the cat library or the video about kitties having thumbs. (Trivia: Chaos has abnormally flexible dewclaws, which I’m pretty sure are proto-thumbs…)
- A digital camera shaped like a cat – too bad it’s so expensive.
- I have no idea where to put this one: When a semi carrying 8000 gallons of printer ink flipped over in Massachusetts, it resulted in the most colorful crash ever.
- Will there be a market for compact fluorescents shaped like brains?
- The Flaming Lips are releasing their next three songs on a USB stick that will be inside a life-size gummi candy skull…
Hmm. Apparently I didn’t find things very funny this week.
- Kitties and the Magnetic Fields! (link is to a video)
- Pandas! Baby otter and goat! Kitten! Baby pandas! Lion cubs! Lamb! Kitten! Lion! Kitten! Baby otters! Kitten! Lions! Tiger and bear! Sloth! Fox! Kittens! Bunny!
Bound Forever (Bound #3) by Ava March. ebook. Very good kinky historical m/m romance in which Vincent and Oliver need to work out some issues of trust and respect if they hope to have a future together.
The Duty of a Beta (Pack Discipline #3) by Kim Dare. ebook. Very good kinky paranormal m/m romance about a beta wolf who was brought into the pack to be mated to a troublemaking gamma, but who finds himself drawn to the omega…
With Love (With or Without, Book 1) by J.L. Langley. ebook short. reread. Well done m/m paranormal romance about werewolves, set in North Carolina. (It doesn’t feel like it fits as part of the series, however.)
Without Reservations (With or Without, Book 2) by J.L. Langley. ebook. reread. Very good m/m paranormal werewolf romance about a straight vet (and werewolf) who realizes that the injured male wolf brought in to his office is actually a werewolf… and his mate.
With Caution (With or Without, Book 3) by J.L. Langley. ebook. reread. Very good kinky paranormal m/m romance about a guy who was recently transformed into a werewolf to save his life. He’s a little freaked out to discover that he has a mate and his mate is male, but is absolutely terrified that his homophobic, abusive father will find out and hurt his younger brother (who still lives at home) as a result.
A Sterling New Year (With or Without, Book 3.1) by J.L. Langley. free ebook short. Very good short paranormal m/m romance in which Sterling shows up with a friend at Rhys’s door just after the New Year starts.
A Lot To Be Thankful For (With or Without, Book 3.2) by J.L. Langlely. free ebook short. Very good short paranormal m/m romance about Rhys arriving home from work the evening before Thanksgiving to discover Sterling waiting.
Not My Wolf (Fenrir Wolves, Book 1) by Eden Cole. ebook short. Blame it on Tam’s review at Brief Encounters. 🙂 Good short paranormal m/m romance about a straight alpha werewolf who’s been dreaming that he’ll meet his mate soon, but isÂ so not prepared for his mate to be male.
Treasured by Cari Z. ebook. Good paranormal m/m romance about a grad student in magic who works at a museum and is surprised to be wooed by a mysterious shifter he runs into at the museum.
My True Love Sent to Me (Cambridge Fellows Mysteries, Book 4.5) by Charlie Cochrane. free ebook short. Good short holiday m/m romance about Jonty feeling taken for granted and Orlando realizing Jonty’s right.
Lessons in Seduction (Cambridge Fellows Mysteries, Book 6) by Charlie Cochrane. ebook. Very good historical m/m mystery/romance, in which Orlando, Jonty, and Jonty’s father look into the death of the king’s former mistress.
Lessons in Trust (Cambridge Fellows Mysteries, Book 7) by Charlie Cochrane. ebook. Very good historical m/m mystery/romance, in which Orlando discovers that most of what he believed about his family isn’t true – a discovery that leaves him feeling very lost.
Once We Won Matches (Cambridge Fellows Mysteries, Book 7.5) by Charlie Cochrane. free ebook short. Good, albeit brief, historical m/m mystery that takes place behind-the-scenes at a cricket match between England and Australia.
All Lessons Learned (Cambridge Fellows Mysteries, Book 8 ) by Charlie Cochrane. ebook. Excellent historical m/m mystery/romance that takes place ten years after the seventh book, after the Great War. I cried quite a bit during this one, which I’m pretty sure is the last book. But rest assured that there’s a happy ending, copious tears notwithstanding.
Between the Pipes (Blue Line Hockey #2) by Stephani Hecht. ebook. Good m/m romance about another of the battling hockey brothers of Battle Creek. He doesn’t want to date a cop because of a dark family secret or two, but he just can’t help himself. I wanted this to be a bit longer, because an awful lot of things were included for a story of this length.
Ivory by J. Rocci. ebook short. Good short m/m romance about an oncologist who’s been trying to be the person his family expects him to be, even though it’s killing him.
Beneath the Shield by Diana DeRicci. ebook. Good m/m romance about a cop, filled with self-loathing for the one he couldn’t save, who doesn’t get involved with anyone and stays beneath his emotional shield. Then a guy gets pushed into him at a club… could that be the first crack in the shield? (Although a guy punching himself in the groin hard enough to drop himself to the floor seemed damned unlikely to me, no matter how much self-loathing was involved.)
Acquired Taste (Icing on the Cake #2) by Shayla Kersten. free ebook short. Good short kinky m/m scene that takes place about three months after Icing on the Cake, when things aren’t looking so good for Ollie and Jeff.
Driving Me Crazy by L.M. Brown. ebook short. Ok short m/m romance about a guy who keeps failing his driving test so that he can keep spending time with his driving instructor.
A Good Bargain by D.C. Juris. ebook short. Ok short m/m encounter between a man (who hasn’t been with another man in nearly 20 years) and a much younger guy.
“Smells… pink. And feathery. And sparkly!” -Mayhem