- New releases: AAR (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Listen to JRR Tolkien singing “Chip the glasses and crack the plates!”
- What if Tom Bombadil put on the One Ring?
- “The Fellowship of the Ring as Girl Scout cookies“.
- A sweet Terry Pratchett anecdote.
- If you missed Monday’s post about KITTENS!
- BOOM. And BOOM.
- Well, that kind of sums up 2021 so far, doesn’t it?
- Cursed facts about ungulates.
- Not sure that’s actually a blessed owl fact, but ok.
- That little statue – my heart.
- The NASA Perseverance photo booth is fun.
- Many people ice fishing on a lake in 1948.
- Some very ambitious knitting from 1978.
- Yup, that’s a knitted object all right.
- “Tips for choosing knitting patterns” (unattributed, but as Su pointed out in the comments, it’s from At Knit’s End by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee).
- Wait a minute…
- A very silly joke.
- A very, very short cat video.
- Cake Pillow Guy.
- “Aquarium installs sushi roll cylinders for eels to slide into“…
Hidden, Veiled, Burned (Alex Verus 5-7) by Benedict Jacka. Good continuation of this urban fantasy series about a London mage specializing in divination, although you’d think his specialty was finding trouble! Taking a little break – things got too ominous for me.
A Ferry of Bones and Gold (Soulbound 1) by Hailey Turner. Ok paranormal romance about a sort of burned out former military mage who now works for a government bureau that deals with supernatural crimes.
Bad Moon on the Rise (Six-Gun Shifters 1) by Annie Bellet. This is the pretty good beginning of a series spun off from a minor character (a tiger shifter) in the Twenty-Sided Sorceress series.