- New releases: AAR (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Listen to JRR Tolkien singing “Chip the glasses and crack the plates!”
- What if Tom Bombadil put on the One Ring?
- “The Fellowship of the Ring as Girl Scout cookies“.
- A sweet Terry Pratchett anecdote.
- If you missed Monday’s post about KITTENS!
- BOOM. And BOOM.
- Well, that kind of sums up 2021 so far, doesn’t it?
- Cursed facts about ungulates.
- Not sure that’s actually a blessed owl fact, but ok.
- That little statue – my heart.
- The NASA Perseverance photo booth is fun.
- Many people ice fishing on a lake in 1948.
- Some very ambitious knitting from 1978.
- Yup, that’s a knitted object all right.
- “Tips for choosing knitting patterns” (unattributed, but as Su pointed out in the comments, it’s from At Knit’s End by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee).
- Wait a minute…
- A very silly joke.
- A very, very short cat video.
- Cake Pillow Guy.
- “Aquarium installs sushi roll cylinders for eels to slide into“…
Hidden, Veiled, Burned (Alex Verus 5-7) by Benedict Jacka. Good continuation of this urban fantasy series about a London mage specializing in divination, although you’d think his specialty was finding trouble! Taking a little break – things got too ominous for me.
A Ferry of Bones and Gold (Soulbound 1) by Hailey Turner. Ok paranormal romance about a sort of burned out former military mage who now works for a government bureau that deals with supernatural crimes.
Bad Moon on the Rise (Six-Gun Shifters 1) by Annie Bellet. This is the pretty good beginning of a series spun off from a minor character (a tiger shifter) in the Twenty-Sided Sorceress series.
“Mom, there is SOMETHING going on in the kitty room! I have concerns!!!! Why am I locked out of the kitty room??!??!!” -Mayhem
5 thoughts on “The linkity in which Mayhem went to Mars”
I’m not sure where is stands on the legal side of things, but for ethical reasons I thought you might like to know that the link â€œTips for choosing knitting patternsâ€œ. that you posted is showing a photo of a page from The Yarn Harlot’s (Stephanie Pearl-McPhee) book “At Knit’s End”, with no credit given.
Not your post, I know. But I couldn’t figure out how to leave a note there to let the poster know, and thought that you at least might like to give the proper credit to the author. 🙂
Thanks for the head’s up! I added that information.
I hope Mayhem will be happy with her new roomies!
(And Larry and I are on Mars, so glad we’ll have Mayhem to keep us company there!)
I wouldn’t want to knit either a sweater for a lobster or those Wizard of Oz socks. Wow. A couple of someones had too much time on their hands.
Oops. I appear to have ordered only one box of Samoas. I am a LOTR Girl Scout Cookie failure.
I hope Mayhem made it homes safely from Mars! (Oh. I see from the ending photo that she did indeed make it home safely from Mars.) 😉
A recent post from Nicole..Book Review: Minor Mage (T. Kingfisher)
May on Mars! Eeeeek