- New releases: Smart Bitches (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- Taiki Waiti and others reading James and the Giant Peach to fund COVID-19 relief.
- Download a free collection of astrobiology stories from the European Astrobiology Institute.
- “Essential until we’re not: An angry librarian on the disregard for library staff safety”.
- “Things I have learned about the general public whilst working at the library”.
- Really, I’m not sure what they expected, putting a Principality in charge of the humans…
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- “How Nextdoor courts police and public officials”.
- Some cursed whale facts. An additional cursed whale fact.
- Jane Roe was paid to have her anti-choice “conversion”.
- If you need to see a real President in action…
Life in These Pandemic Times
- “The anxious future of the elevator”.
- “The pandemic may forever change the world’s cities”.
- “Even the pandemic can’t kill the open-plan office”. Dammit.
- What effects will the lack of cruise ship tourism have this summer?
- Social distancing fails, or camera tricks?
- “How COVID-19 creates ‘pre-traumatic conditions’ in the brain”.
- “This virus of great uncertainty” (about antibody tests).
- I did not know that the “Spanish flu” most likely originated in Kansas.
- Pandemic simulator.
- The Globe is in serious trouble.
- Social distancing posters from the National Park Service.
- “Some advice on how to cope in these tough times” from myjetpack.
- That 12-year old knows what’s up.
- Why “staying out of melee range” is a better term than “social distancing”. 😉
- How to build various sorts of furniture forts, per IKEA.
- Pandemic linkity from kmkat. And more!
- Grilled pizza from scratch.
- 5-ingredient chicken fajita foil packets.
- 2-ingredient ice cream bread.
- 41 cake recipes.
- The fascinating interaction of cats and piano! (Thanks, Nicole!)
- Let’s make happiness out of life instead of moments.
- Kevin the Kitten animation!
- The end of the rainbow.
- :blink blink:
- Linkity from kmkat. And more.
- Penguins touring an art museum.
- “Researchers accidentally got high on laughing gas from penguin poop”.
- Missing the entire point of the blue pill vs red pill thing…
- “Eric Trump thinks the coronavirus is Democratic hoax designed to hurt his dad politically”. :facepalm:
- “Do you believe Anthony Fauci…or President Trump who says he disagrees with him?” :headdesk:
Print Workshop: Hand-Printing Techniques and Truly Original Projects by Christine Schmidt. Interesting and wide-ranging projects, from using linoleum blocks to screenprinting to cyanotypes. Unfortunately, the book is a decade old, and some of the specialized materials don’t seem to be available anymore.
“Why doesn’t Mom ever go anywhere anymore?! It’s kind of creepy.” -Mayhem