Once again, on-call stuff ate into my linkity making time. So! Here’s what I got.
- “The Shapes of Stories” by Kurt Vonnegut.
- What if famous writers wrote fic on AO3? Start here. Then read the replies, with many more authors.
- Lovely shot of the Lowry Avenue Bridge (Minneapolis).
- Bald eagle flying through a rainbow.
- Last week, Minneapolis passed the $15/hour minimum wage. My US Representative was pretty happy about it. 🙂
- Who’s a smart corvid? Is it you?
- Go, STEM girls!
- “I believe that it is difficult to kill an idea because ideas are invisible and contagious, and they move fast.“
- A novel-writing masterlist.
- That was… not what I expected from the cover.
- Recipes around the world.
- Help pick a name for Crayola’s new shade of blue crayon.
- Roasted cauliflower salad with chickpeas, feta, and herbs.
- Chicken and veggie pesto salad.
- 20 dinner recipes using zucchini.
- 50 cheerfully colored summer recipes.
- 10 no-cook meals.
- Pop Rocks s’mores. (via The Kitchn)
- Gluten-free peach crisp.
- Gluten-free quinoa salad with pineapple, broccoli, and mint.
- Why do we sing do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do anyway?!
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Pedal-powered elevator.
- Cake Wrecks on the 4th of July.
- That is a lot to ask of your coffee.
- A picture I took of one of the new sculptures in the Walker Sculpture Garden over the weekend.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat. And linkity linkity from kmkat.
- Awkward Buzz Lightyear moment with tRUMP.
- Covers of songs about social justice.
- xkcd on the emoji movie. (Hover cursor/long-press for caption.)
- “tRUMP supporters cry bias after NPR tweets the Declaration of Independence.“
Freehand: Sketching Tips and Tricks Drawn from Art by Helen Birch. Good overview of a wide array of artistic tidbits, such as “Suggesting Time”, “Negative Space”, “Damp Ground”, “Aerial Gaze”, “Complementary Colors”, etc. Feels more scattershot than I was expecting for some reason.
“I’m hiding! You can’t see me, Mom! So stop pretending you can.” -Mayhem