From Thursday, May 11, through Thursday, June 1, I will be taking a bookbinding class that’s required for my Book Arts Certificate (and which is always offered on Thursday evenings for some reason). Since Thursday evenings are my time for putting linkity together, I have a dilemma. A month without linkity seems a little extreme, doesn’t it?! How would y’all feel about maybe two Saturday linkities during that time?
- Bookwyrm Knits is running a contest through the end of the month and the prize includes fountain pens, some ink samples, a self-inking Spiraldex stamp, and a blank journal. Make sure you read the details – comment early, comment often. 🙂 Closes 8 am PDT, April 30.
- New releases: Smart Bitches (romance), Tor.com (genre-benders, scifi) and Gizmodo (scifi and fantasy)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Extended version of Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale.
- The 2017 Hugo Award finalists.
- “When meditation doesn’t work, try journaling to stay sane“. Yes. Do try it! 🙂 It has been immensely helpful for me.
- “10 everyday phrases that come from printing“.
- “Scientists create a wheel of old book smells“.
- High school vocabulary test.
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- Hostile micronation warning!
- On scientists naming things.
- States of matter.
- How do centaurs eat?
- “The mystery behind Minnesota’s Devil’s Kettle waterfall has finally been solved“.
- Maybe another piece of the complicated puzzle that is celiac disease.
- “Court rules Civil Rights Act of 1964 also protects employees from sexual orientation discrimination“.
- I am unsurprised that we are stressed by climate change.
- But hey, Minnesota is the least-stressed state. 🙂
- April’s unusual holidays.
- Explore historic London with a combination of Google maps and old photos.
- Infographic of the most expensive ways to cross the US.
- Chopped chickpea salad.
- Weeknight vegetable stirfry.
- Cheesy vegetable melts.
- Feta salsa.
- No-bake sheet pan yogurt lemon tart.
- Make your very own Wonder Woman plush uterus.
- 3D printed knitting.
- Knitting linkity from knittyBlog.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Truly spring must be on its way to the Twin Cities…
- LEGO Nye’s Polonaise! (That’s not going to mean much to you if you don’t live in the Twin Cities.)
- LEGO version of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 trailer.
- Scifi short about an astronaut.
- A little more from Elsewhere University…
- Dinosaur mugs.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- tRUMP on SNL.
- Cap’n Crunch infused beer.
- “Scientists want to use color-changing rainbow poop to diagnose your bowel problems“. (“Ma’am, you’re either dying or you’ve eaten a luridly colored Oreo recently – we just can’t tell.”)
- “You can now rent a Texas home that looks like a cowboy boot“.
- Cadbury Creme Egg pizza.
- Spaghetti doughnuts.
- Tiny Godzilla!
- For scale.
- In which we are all Ivanka tRUMP’s neighbor.
- Basketball autocorrects.
- Security advice. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- The owl and the pussycat (no pea green boat in sight)! Cheetah and babies! Baby penguin! Kittens! Baby kea! Baby lion!
White Corridor (Bryant & May #5) by Christopher Fowler. I gave it a couple of chapters, but it wasn’t working for me at all. It felt different from the other books in the series somehow. DNF.
Battle Street Bolero (Bone Street Rumba #3) by Daniel Jose Older. Very satisfying conclusion to this trilogy.
Improbable Libraries: A Visual Journey to the World’s Most Unusual Libraries by Alex Johnson. Very cool look at the many, many different ways that libraries reach people and people reach libraries around the world.
“What socks?” -Mayhem
Oh, these socks? 😉 These were for my SIL’s birthday… her March 2016 birthday. I finished them the day before her March 2017 birthday. Yay?!