- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- “Which dystopia will the donald tRUMP presidency most resemble?“
- “donald tRUMP is afraid of books“.
- Samhain Publishing is closing February 28.
- Tutorial on starting a bullet journal.
- Art prints for book lovers.
- Hotels for book lovers.
- Bookish earrings.
- Looks cool, but – my tags explain why it wouldn’t work for me.
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- You know things are bad when Americans crash the Office of Government Ethics’ website.
- “What would it look like, hypothetically, if a public figure were suffering the symptoms of dementia?“
- “26 ways to be in the struggle beyond the streets“.
- “Focus on one or two social issues to stay involved without losing your mind“. Easier said than done, alas.
- “The importance of empathy in everyday life“.
- Some of the new words added to the Merriam-Webster dictionary.
- Map of the world of mathematics.
- The challenges of coasting coast-to-coast.
- Online privacy/safety guide. (via Schneier on Security)
- Bison being released where they hadn’t lived for 140 years.
- “Why you need less noise for work and your health“.
- Creamless creamed spinach.
- Weeknight cabbage rolls.
- Apple pie toast.
- Chocolate pound cake.
- 23 recipes for chocolate desserts.
- Paleo meatballs.
- New Mexican stew with ground turkey and green chiles.
- Deep dish Chicago-style pizza.
- Download some unusual coloring pages from the University of Minnesota’s Wangensteen Historical Library. (You can still download the complete coloring book from 2016, too.)
- Coloring books from 67 library collections.
- Knitting linkity from knittyBlog.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- My current phone and tablet lock and home screens, if you’re curious. And a “get to know the blogger” meme I did.
- An eerie photo of Minneapolis’ Foshay Tower.
- Pinhole camera classroom.
- Well, I guess it IS a snow man…
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Pickle-flavored lip balm, Pop Rocks, toothpaste…
- “Factory that made Samsung Galaxy Note 7 batteries catches fire (yes, really)“.
No Excuses Watercolor: Painting Techniques for Sketching and Journaling by Gina Rossi Armfield. I really can’t recommend this – glad I got it from the library. Definitely not worth $12/Kindle or $17/paperback from Amazon. This felt more like a series of vaguely connected blog posts than a book.
The Fuller Memorandum (Laundry Files #3), Overtime (Laundry Files #3.5), The Apocalypse Codex (Laundry Files #4), The Rhesus Factor (Laundry Files #5), The Annihilation Score (Laundry Files #6), and The Nightmare Stacks (Laundry Files #7) by Charles Stross. Since this was a series binge reread, I’m just linking to the series on Goodreads, from which you can find my reviews.
Exploring Watercolor: Creative Exercises and Techniques for Watercolor and Mixed Media by Elizabeth Groves. Very good introduction to watercolor – it has a bunch of techniques and ideas that I’m looking forward to trying!