Congrats to Nancy, who won Blood in the Water (An Act of Piracy #1) (2nd ed) byÂ Tami Veldura! Tami is releasing Blood in the Water today.
Congrats to Kate, who won Holding the Edge (Cold War #2) byÂ Keira Andrews!
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- On adding fanfic to Goodreads. Discussion of that post. More discussion of that post.
- Fanfic and Goodreads page at the Fanlore wiki. (via Dreamer)
- Dear Author wonders what being a “good” reader means.
- Tolkien explained in four minutes.
- Neil Gaiman reads A Christmas Carol.
- Jane Austen spoilers. (via urrone)
Think, Do, Learn, Make
- About the NHL Mumps Outbreak. The NHL Mumps Song. The NHL Mumps Map. Sidney Crosby with the mumps, My Little Pony style.
- Why peanut butter is so sticky.
- What I’ve always suspected about the gym…
- Photos of the Panama Canal lock gates being installed.
- The Colbert Report set is on Street View.
- mental_floss shares their favorite scientific study titles from 2014.
- “2014’s top moments in Play-Doh form“.
- What if all the rivers the US were instantly frozen in the middle of summer?
Even MORE Gift Guides
- “For the lumbersexual outdoorsman“.
- For outdoorspeople.
- For “fledgling cryptozoologists”.
- For space fans.
- For dogs and their people.
- For the child-at-heart.
- For coffee addicts.
- For kids who cook.
- Food gifts that travel well.
- “DIY kits for the hands-on chef“.
- DIY tools and maker kits.
- Budget gifts that aren’t obviously inexpensive.
- Handmade gifts.
- Smart Bitches: Part V.
- Gizmodo’s guide to all their gift guides.
- Chewy chocolate gingerbread cookies.
- Chocolate chip cookie bark.
- Candy cane cookies.
- Cthulumas cookies. (via maderr)
- Sugar cookie cake.
- Peppermint red velvet cake roll.
- N0-bake five-ingredient bon bons.
- 15 breakfast recipes.
- Smoky creamed kale.
- Butternut squash and sausage lasagna.
- Chickpea stew with spinach and sausage. (via The Kitchn)
- Nutella hot chocolate.
- Blank action figures you can customize.
- Nobel physicist snowflake patterns. (via mental_floss)
- Star Wars snowflake patterns. (via The Mary Sue)
- Frozen snowflake patterns.
- Star Wars-themed holiday light show.
- NASA’s All About That Space parody.
- Cat-mas tree.
- Short films about a snow-loving dog, a house seeking freedom, a bad roommate, and “relationship problems and interdimensional physics“.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Cake Wrecks is doing a “best of” the wrecks series: ugliest wedding wrecks, mean-but-funny, apologies, unintentionally erotic…
- Sir Ian McLellan and Cookie Monster.
- The Hobbit mashed up with The Office.
- Never look in someone else’s Documents folder. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- US weather.
- Map of the introvert’s heart.
The Magicians (The Magicians #1) by Lev Grossman. DNF at 65-70%. Pretentious. Feels like Harry Potter and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe crossover fanfic. I hate everyone in the book and can’t be bothered to pick it up again.
“No, no, nothing’s wrong. Why do you ask?” -Mayhem, whose superpower is looking pathetic – she makes the vet feel guilty for just entering the exam room!
5 thoughts on “Linkity’s guide to yet more gift guides”
Just yesterday a colleague was complaining that there were no City Manager action figures. I may have to get her one of these make your own. And Neil Gaiman doing Christmas Carol? Yes.
I think I might have to order one of those cardboard VR thingies for Larry. He’ll have fun just putting it together.
The vet should feel guilty! Poor Mayhem.
That short film about the houses is wonderful! The dog kennel!!
But, pocket gnomes??? Do people really go around with gnomes in their pockets now? Lol.
Speaking of trees, here is one for May and Chaos. Our tiny xmas tree (gotta start small) and Lucifer