There will be no Misadventure on Monday, December 26, as it’s a holiday for me – but maybe on Tuesday. Happy holidays to all of you, from all of us. 🙂
- Leontine’s giving away an ebook copy ofÂ Defying the Odds (Battered Hearts #1) by Kele Moon. Winner selected December 25.
- Sloan Parker’s having a holiday giveaway: For every 50 comments on the post, a winner will get a $25 gift certificate to one of three ebookstores – plus a winner will be selected from all comments (so, possibly up to six winners!). Make sure you read the instructions before you comment. Contest closes 11:59 pm EST, January 1, or as soon as there are 250 entries.
- Daily Writing Tips takes a look at “word of the year” selections for past years from various organizations.
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- If you have GoDaddy for your web hosting and want to ditch them (especially after they signed on supporting SOPA), Lifehacker has a guide on how to do so.
- And… You might want to pay cash at Subway, since hackers have been logging credit card information from Subway cash registers since 2008… and have logged over $3 million in fraudulent charges.
- Singing Christmas hedgehogs. You must watch!
- My poor kitties – no tree, and the presents are secured in a closet…
- Holiday linkity from Kristi the Fiber Fool, in case you’re not getting enough holiday linkity in your lives.
- Gift guide: Things for knitters.
- Calvin & Hobbes snowmen truffles. (via Bron’s Pinterest) (And here’s a video that pulls together all Calvin’s acts of snowman carnage.)
- Have you checked out GlutenFreeBaking.com yet?
- Feel like embroidering kitties on everything? There’s a free pattern you can download that will help! (via CRAFT)
Cool or Wha…?
- “Pajama jeans“…
- xkcd on brand identity… looks an awful lot like some generic brands I’ve seen! (Remember to hover your mouse cursor over the comic for additional text.)
- Handy new science mnemonics from xkcd. (Again with the hovering.)
- Cat and kitten! Baby ocelot! Kitten! Baby fox! Kitten! Baby polar bear! Kitten! Baby otters! Kitten! Baby tigers! Kitten! Baby cheetah! A cat and her security blanket! Baby sugar glider! Bunny! Baby zebra! Kittens! Hedgie! Baby tigers!
A Gift of Mistletoe by Alex Whitehall. ebook short. Very good short m/m historical holiday romance about a young man returning home from university for the holidays, hoping he’ll be brave enough to tell his former tutor of his attraction.
The Santa Problem by Tam Ames. ebook short. Steamy short m/m holiday romance about a bouncer whose boyfriend guilts him into dressing up as Santa for his office building.
Holiday Outing by Astrid Amara. ebook. reread. Another delightful Hanukkah m/m romance from Astrid Amara! A successful author of gay fiction, still closeted to his family, gets snowed in with his family (and a high school nemesis) for Hanukkah.
Hopes and Fears by Rowan Speedwell. ebook short. Very good short m/m holiday romance about an investigative journalist going to physical therapy for his injured knee who’s very attracted to his physical therapist.
Melting Mr. Mowburrey (The Whole A-Z #1) by Kim Dare. ebook short. Very good kinky short m/m story about the titular character who’s staying at a friend’s house and is tempted by a young sub he believes to belong to his host. (And I took the picture that inspired the story!)
You Melted Me by Kari Gregg. free ebook short. Steamy short m/m romance about an office worker who was sleeping with one of the executives, a known player, but has been trying to avoid the guy and protect his heart.
Patchouli for Christmas by Bren Christopher. ebook. Good m/m holiday romance about an event planner putting together a Christmas party for a wealthy client, who wants her grandson’s very dark paintings displayed at the party.
Russell’s Reversal (Lost Shifters #14) by Stephani Hecht. ebook. Good paranormal m/m romance about Russell, a Wolf shifter and crime lord, who decides to clean up his act because of his feelings for Lynx shifter Dalton.
Fangs, Fur and Snowballs (Lost Shifters #15) by Stephani Hecht. ebook. Good m/m holiday paranormal romance that catches up on many members of the Feline Coalition, focusing particularly on Keegan and Colby.
“Diva? Moi?” -Mayhem