- New releases: Tor.com (horror & genre-benders, scifi, fantasy, YA SFF), Smart Bitches (romance), Book Riot (best books out this week, mysteries/thrillers, graphic novels/comics, horror, romance, SFF)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- I hope more states ban book bans.
- Time loop ficlet.
- I didn’t see the ending of this ficlet coming.
- Another ficlet!
- “A post about home and moving on“.
- Learn about Bobbi Gibb, the first woman to run the Boston Marathon in 1966 – she had to do so via stealth.
- “Lego recreated a VHS copy of The Little Mermaid from plastic bricks“.
- Virtually visit the various starship bridges of Star Trek.
- :blink blink: (It’s a real product.)
- Disconcerting furniture.
- It works.
- I don’t hate this – it looks cozy and efficient.
- Cool, but too folksy for me.
- Not even close to a tree house.
- As OP notes, you’d need a riding vacuum cleaner.
- Dang, they couldn’t stretch the carpet for that price?
- Has a stripper pole.
- Funky, with dangerous tub steps.
- Converted bank with dubious loft stairs.
- A very large bed and headboard were removed from the main bedroom, leaving a hot mess.
- No one will ever notice!
- “Doesn’t anyone believe in railings anymore?“
- Did they just give up on the bottom stair or what?
- Huh. They look squishy.
Shelf Life: Fantastic Stories Celebrating Bookstores, edited by Greg Ketter. Pretty good collection of short stories about bookstores. Seemed a little heavy on the horror (do not like), but I enjoyed the stories anyway.
Vera Wong’s Unsolicited Advice for Murderers by Jesse Q. Sutanto. Vera Wong grows on you until you’re suddenly, unexpectedly fully invested. Recommended.