- Belated happy 10th birthday, Chaos kitty! His birthday was September 28… Whoops.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of Springtime Pleasures by Sandra Schwab, plus tea and chocolate. Closes November 10.
- Author Lynn Viehl’s offering her how-to book on writing, The Way of the Cheetah, free during NaNoWriMo.
- Astronaut Chris Hadfield wrote a book and it has a delightful trailer. Bonus: Some pictures of people who competed in his astronaut-themed Halloween costume contest. (via The Mary Sue)
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- Top 11 coffee roasters in the US. (Thanks, Jase!)
- The University of Minnesota women’s hockey team is on the longest winning streak in hockey at any level. Go, Gophers! (Hey, it’s my alma mater…)
- Puck Buddys interviews former Minnesota Vikings’ punter and LGBT advocate, the eloquent Chris Kluwe.
- Clean your garbage disposal with vinegar and lemon ice cubes. (I use lemon juice instead of cut-up lemons.) Other tips for cleaning with pantry items.
- “How much would a pumpkin the size of your house weigh?” (For my 1000 square foot condo, the pumpkin would weigh 132,869 pounds and have a 100 foot circumference.)
- Supremely chocolate frosted brownies (also dairy-free).
- LEGO record store. (Thanks, Trix!)
- HELL NO: The Sensible Horror Film. (video)
Cool or Wha…?
- “20th century headlines rewritten to get more clicks“. (Hover your cursor for additional text.)
- Hockey fics! 🙂
May, who thinks brightly colored leaves blowing by the window are birds. It’s even cuter than it sounds.