Work continues to be nutso, leaving me completely unthrilled about using my computer on evenings and weekends. This means I’m no longer responding to all blog comment emails. I’m sorry. I wish I could. But I just can’t manage it anymore.
- Kay Berrisford is giving away an ebook copy of Second Chance Sam by Bren Christopher. Closes January 22.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away Backstage Pass, Rock Hard, and Double Time by Olivia Cunning. Closes January 22. US & Canada.
- Charlie Cochet’s doing a series of posts on writing historical romance: Introduction and how to write characters in historical m/m romances.
- 12 authors who also wrote some children’s books… such as James Joyce?!
Learn, Think, Make, Do
- The woman behind Dear Abby has died at the age of 94. Check out some of her memorable columns – particularly #4 on the list: “Can a boy be normal and knit in public?” (via The Mary Sue)
- Make your own Altoids-style mints in the flavors of your choice… (via Lifehacker) (Sinus-clearing wasabi mints, anyone?!)
- Turn your to-do list into an RPG via HabitRPG. The site might be a bit overwhelmed, so you could go figure out how to “gamify your life” instead.
- Great response from the White House on the petition for the US to build a Death Star. Alas, suddenly the minimum number of signatures required for a petition to get an official response is now 100,000… but apparently there’s a loophole. (Also, the Empire responded to the official White House response.)
Cool or Wha…?
- Pepsi Marinated Chicken Wings potato chips… and even more flavors.
- It’s distressing when you do the math here. (Hover your cursor over the comic for additional text.)
- Kitten! Kitten! Kitten! Sand cat kitten! Porcupine! Kitten! Lynx and babies! Baby lions! Kitten! Kitten! Pallas cat! Porcupine and baby! Baby lions! Cat! Kitten! Baby lions! Cheetah and babies!
- Hockey fics!! (Although I am actually reading a non-hockey fic right now.)
Check out the awesome pillow I got from a friend! (I photographed it in the plastic because I knew thousands of black cat hairs would rush to it the minute the plastic was removed.)