Many thanks to Mary Calmes for donating
an ebook copy two ebook copies of her forthcoming paranormal m/m romance, Crucible of Fate (Change of Heart #4), for lucky commenters to win! Crucible of Fate will be released by Dreamspinner Press on November 21. (Thanks to Mary for donating a second copy after the contest broke 100 comments!)
In the secret city of Sobek, Domin Thorne is making his way as the newly chosen semel-aten, the leader of the werepanther world. He aspires to make sweeping changes – he’s set goals for himself and the people he chose to bring with him, modeling his reign after that of his friend, Logan Church. But Domin may have set too lofty a goal: his normal leadership style isn’t working.
While juggling a homesick Crane, a moody Mikhail, a bullwhip-wielding Taj, servants with murderous intentions, a visiting ex, and a mate on a dangerous goodwill mission, Domin has to figure out his new role alone. He also must determine how to deal with a conspiracy, all the while falling hard for a man who, for the first time in Domin’s life, reciprocates that love. Whether Domin is ready or not, Fate has stepped in to teach him a lesson: internal threats are just as dangerous as external ones.
My name is Mary Calmes and I have been writing since I was in the seventh grade. One of my first stories ever was about Demetrius and Konor, two big strapping gorgeous knights and while it was not historically accurate in any way, hello, seventh grade, the one thing that became glaringly obvious was that the guys liked each other more than the damsels in distress they were trying to save.
“Boys don’t sleep in the same bed when they’re grown-ups,” my mother said when I read it to her.
“Men don’t talk nice to each other like that,” my step-father said that night.
They do in m/m fiction which I was destined to write.
I tried really hard to write a female lead but it just left me flat. I read all kinds of different books and I have favorite writers in every genre but I can only write about men. The dynamics between two men are more interesting to me and as a woman, I like men and the idea of two men together, two beautiful men… I don’t understand the question.
When people tell you that they’ve enjoyed something you’ve written, there really is no greater feeling.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CST, Tuesday, November 20.
- By entering the contest, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you haven’t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesn’t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entry…
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry – this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the “Email” portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesn’t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the author’s intellectual property and don’t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
*purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr* -Chaos (giving me the kitty eyes of love and looking completely harmless…)
Had to take May back to the vet yesterday – apparently Chaos managed to scratch her eye during the mess on Saturday. My poor miserable kitty girl!