- New releases: Tor.com (scifi, fantasy, young adult sff, genre benders) and Smart Bitches (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. Cover snark from Smart Bitches. “Adventures in Big Stock” from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- 12 of the best Harry Potter escape rooms worldwide. I’ve been to the one in St Paul!
- Netflix is adapting One Hundred Years of Solitude…
- Book journaling.
- Tidying up notebooks.
- How did you celebrate World Book Day yesterday?
- “The last days of Hemingway at the Mayo Clinic“.
Do, Make, Learn, Think
- Ok, this a good take on Marie Kondo.
- Art history and colonialism.
- “Facebook decides anti-vax conspiracies aren’t part of the business model anymore“.
- “Son of anti-vaxxer speaks about immunization to Congress”.
- “Anti-Muslim attacks on Rep Ilhan Omar aren’t fringe happenings”.
- The return of the medieval box bed.
- How Canada talks.
- Wet winters aren’t sufficient wildfire protection for California anymore.
- The last Blockbuster.
- “The typewriter lady who took on Australian’s immigration cruelty – and won”.
- Slow cooker chicken posole.
- Slow cooker vegetarian black bean soup.
- Black bean and sweet potato tacos.
- What if you were an alien who had to audit Earthling ships’ spending allowances?
- If the Ocean’s 8 sequel was about trying to steal the shawls from Stevie Nicks’ shawl vault…
- Astronaut mitts.
- Temperature map cross stitch.
- A drone video of a wintery Minneapolis (plus a song).
- Dramatically lit downtown Minneapolis.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- “Berry Purrr-fection“.
- “US Army assures public that robot tank system adheres to AI murder policy”.
- Amusing conversation between fan and artist.
- “When you feed your cats an hour late” – too true!
- Lord Nibbles.
- Video orientation. (Hover cursor/long press for caption.)
- “It’s snowing again…“
- “I didn’t think the situation was this dire.“
- IKEA’s chocolate Easter bunny requires some assembly.
Nightshades, Switchback, and Outbreak (Nightshades 1-3) by Melissa F Olson. Good trilogy about a Chicago-based FBI agent whose division is charged with investigating vampires on a kidnapping and killing spree. He’s aided by an ancient vampire who’s helping partially by her own choice, partially by duress. A couple of the books had one of my least favorite literary devices, the unnecessary cliffhanger “epilogue”.
All Hallows Horror (The Lovecraft Squad #1) by John Llewellyn Probert. DNF. I made it about halfway through this book and decided I just didn’t care whether the remaining characters lived or died.
Black Helicopters by Caitlin R Kiernan. Made it about a third of a way through this futuristic novella and remained both confused and uncaring, so I stopped reading.
Clean, Payoff, and Sharp (Mindspace Investigations 1, 1.5, 2) by Alex Hughes. Pretty good series about a high-powered telepath and recovering addict who works for the police and is more or less trying to stay clean.
The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. Good young adult mystery about the quirky residents of a small apartment building who are suddenly thrust into a puzzle game to see which of them will receive a sizable inheritance.
*thlurp* -Chaos, cleaning Mayhem’s ears