- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Notebook Stories.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- “The appeal of unread books, or why I don’t read the books I buy“.
- “Let’s call an ‘unauthorized’ Narnia novel what it is: fanfiction“.
- “On the cult of originality: What Byzantine literary culture can tell us about fanfiction“.
- Possible reasons Dumbledore hired Gilderoy Lockhart.
- The Little Mermaid sequel, rewritten.
- Jane Austen heroes, ranked.
- Bookish phobias.
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- Have you heard of “toxic positivity”?
- New Zealand bans assault rifles.
- Climate change visualization.
- “How to stay sharp in old age“.
- John Oliver interviews Monica Lewinsky.
- Puzzle art.
- Changing your perspective.
- “What if humans are the only species with teeth?“
- “You’re not like the girls in my village.“
- “Still on patrol“.
- “You can watch Mr Rogers’ Neighborhood episodes online“.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Some thoughts on bagpipes.
- Midwestern terms demystified!
- Some humor from the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Aliens on the human condition – now with more comics if you keep scrolling!
- Oh, that alarming/tantalizing bubble!
- Yeah, you get that with a little flooding…
- And the potholes are absolutely terrifying.
- Google trends maps. (Hover cursor/long-press for caption.)
Marked and Vacant (Mindspace Investigations 3-4) by Alex Hughes. Good continuation of this series about a telepath and recovering addict who consults for the police and, under duress, the Telepath’s Guild. Unfortunately, I screwed up and read book #4 before book #3, so I spent much of book #4 thinking my memory had gotten REALLY bad when things that turned out to have happened in book #3 were mentioned…
I Shall Wear Midnight (Tiffany Aching #4) by Terry Pratchett. Very good continuation of this series as teenage Tiffany works in the Chalk amid rising anti-witch sentiment.
Discount Armageddon (InCryptid #1) by Seanan McGuire. I liked it better upon rereading than I did when I read it four years ago!
“What now?!” -Mayhem