- Forthcoming releases: AAR (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- On “the butler did it” trope.
- Terry Pratchett’s shepherd’s hut.
- There’s a free coda to Peter S Beagle’s The Last Unicorn.
- “Who did JK Rowling become?” (On the TERFing of the author.)
- “Barack Obama’s literature to understand America“.
- Extreme closeup of a ballpoint pen writing.
- Summoning a demon, politely.
- “How I, the parson of a humble English murder village, am practicing safe social distancing“.
- “Fantasy setting where the princess locked in her tower is a space captain repairing her crashed starship with scavenged supplies.“
- “If anyone wants to know what it’s like to have ADHD the entire roller coaster of this thread is a pretty good place to start…“
- Goats and climbing.
- Electric lighting and insomnia.
- A cursed fact about vision.
- A cursed fact about the platypus.
- “The lonely legacy of Spam“.
- That would be a great idea, but the wikipedia link comes close in usefulness.
- “The feminist history of the cardigan“.
- 40 easy cauliflower recipes.
- Moist zucchini dark chocolate bundt cake.
- A Star Trek “calendar” for 2020.
- The eternal tension between the popcorn button on all microwaves and the warning on all bags of microwave popcorn.
- Black cat art of 2020…
- Naughty kitty!
- Castle backpack.
- Moth dress.
- Horse diving.
- You can apparently get a Spam and Oreos burger at McDonald’s China.
- LOL EEP.
- Masterful resume translation.
- The intersection of Arthurian legend and The Untitled Goose Game.
- “Biblically accurate snow angel“.
Obviously WAY too long since I put one of these together. D’oh!
This Is How We Fly by Anna Mariano. Good YA fiction about a high school student just trying to survive the summer before senior year without her stepmom melting down at her and leaving again. Her best friend gets her into real-life quidditch.
The Poetry of Strangers: What I Learned Traveling America with a Typewriter by Brian Sonia-Wallace. I gave up on this about 1/4 of the way through it. I just didn’t care. Perhaps due to my 2020 mood? Not sure.
Dead Lies Dreaming (Tales of the New Management 1) by Charles Stross. Initially I was disgruntled about this being set in the Laundry Files world with a new set of characters. But then I got completely sucked in after a while, so… :shrugs:
Mark of the Demon, Blood of the Demon, Secrets of the Demon, andSins of the Demon (Kara Gillian 1-4) by Diana Rowland. Ok paranormal series about a police detective who secretly summons demons on the side. But then something goes awry…
The Fey and the Furious (Rivers of London 8) by Ben Aaronovitch. Ok addition to this comic book series.
Silent City, Forgotten City, and Unholy City (Claire Codella 1-3) by Carrie Smith. Pretty good series about an NYPD detective who’s just returned after 10 months of treatment for lymphoma. (Not sure there will be any more to this series.)
Stuff I’ve Been Feeling Lately by Alicia Cook. Good book of poetry with the first half of the book being the poems and the second half being the “remixes” (blackout versions of the poems).
Â *blep* -Chaos, derpily