- New releases: Tor.com (scifi, fantasy, YA SFF, genre-benders) and Smart Bitches (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- Bookish crafts.
- Bookish masks.
- Ah, Good Omens – a breath of fresh air in these trying times. Post-show quarantine fanvid from Neil Gaiman, Michael Sheen, David Tennant, and more.
- “Specialist delivery services available from local bookshops”.
- “It’s a lovely day in the Shire…”
Do, Think, Learn, Make
- “Iâ€™m glad that Indiana finally has its first national park and that itâ€™s the one mostly known for having sand dunes that eat children.”
- Don’t bother engaging.
- “Why are your allergies so bad? Tree sexism”.
- “Fandom has a purity culture problem”.
- Learn about your neighborhood.
- “The art of the census”.
Life in These Pandemic Times
- “What happens next? COVID-19 futures, explained with playable simulations”. (via trilliath)
- The “Ring Around the Rosie” for our times?
- Collected COVID-19 tweets, part 7.
- Giving good marquee.
- “Give me liberty AND give me death!”
- Colonel Chris Hadfield joined the Barenaked Ladies for a quarantine sing-a-long of “I.S.S.” and to raise awareness for Oxfam. Oh, there’s a version of them singing it while Colonel Hadfield was ON the I.S.S. Cool!
- “We’re Coming Back” is a quarantine video featuring members of the bands Mumford & Sons, Semisonic, Trupa Trupa, plus many more, to raise money for City Meals on Wheels in New York and Twin Cities Music Community Trust.
- If you’re a fan of Parks and Recreation, they made a quarantine special to raise awareness for FeedingAmerica.
- “Live and let die”.
- Be skeptical.
- Less common symptoms.
- The truth about working from home.
- 2020 trends. Hover cursor/long-press for caption.
The Best of Connie Willis: Award-Winning Stories by Connie Willis. What it says on the tin, plus a couple of rather good award acceptance speeches.
Cartwheel in the Quiet: A Tapestry of Things Found + Felt by Emily Looman. Lovely little snippet of the author/artist’s life – a path to healing told in art and scribbled words.
4 thoughts on “Linkity is not prepared for a polar vortex”
Is it Friday again? It was Friday just the other day.
I don’t know if it’s just me… but none of the blurbs for the new releases on the Tor site interested me. NOT EVEN THE BLURB FOR NETWORK EFFECT, which I have already read and loved. Weird.
LOVE Gandalf the Goose. (But I’m sure you knew I would. 😉 )
I… kinda love whoever decided to play “Live and Let Die” over the loudspeakers… <3
A recent post from Nicole..Friday Reads: The House in the Cerulean Sea
that was a great Pen Addict linkity. I adore the rediscovered blue ink. I am struck right now how much lost local knowledge we might need to rediscover
Re Donald Trump in the mask factory: I am having increasing difficulty believing I am experiencing reality. I think the aliens have me hooked up in the brain tank and they’re seeing exactly how weird they can make it before I say, “Wait a minute…”
OMG THE QUICKSAND!