Here we go – wheeeeee!
- Chat noir.
- A Capella THX logo theme. A must-watch! My cats snapped awake and looked haunted.
- Double-chocolate fudge-stuffed loaf cake.
- “How art has saved my writing”.
- You’ve probably all read about the wacko interview Anderson Cooper did with the mayor of Las Vegas, but just in case…
- The Uptown Theatre has the best marquee messages.
- The economic effects of pandemics (2013).
- The bottled tap water scam.
- “The reason there are so many conservative boomers is that the poor ones die sooner”.
- Cats and dominoes.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- My cats hate being picked up, so NONE.
- This is the best article I’ve read about using masks. Highly recommended – it was very reassuring.
- Remember the second wave of the 1918 pandemic, people.
- “Herd immunity won’t save us”.
- tRUMP abruptly stopped pushing that drug he had a stake in.
- Abigail Disney had some things to say to the Walt Disney Company.
- More covid tweets.
- “May we be patient with our exhausted brains.”
- So true.
- Stephen King and New England.
- “Oh no, not messing with you.”
- Live action Simpsons intro.
- The evolution of acting for television and film.
- Istanbul’s rainbow colored buildings.
- It’s apocalypse bingo time! Don’t forget about the plague of locusts in Africa for “F*cking bugs everywhere”!
- And BOOM.
- “Two pet cats have tested positive for coronavirus”.
- Yeah, this is that “cult of ignorance” Isaac Asimov mentioned.
Terra Incognita: Three Novellas by Connie Willis. I’d read these before in different collections, but I didn’t remember/realize that until partway through each story and I enjoyed reading them again, so!
Funny, You Don’t Look Autistic: A Comedian’s Guide to Life on the Spectrum by Michael McCreary. DNF – humor is one of those subjective things and this grated. My autistic experience is so different from his, I can’t even…
Field Guide to Now: Notes On Mindfulness And Life In The Present Tense by Christina Rosalie. DNF – I love the title, but this was another one I absolutely could not relate to.
“What are you doing, Mom!? Why did you wake me up????” -Mayhem
(I didn’t MEAN to wake her up…)
6 thoughts on “In which it’s your typical linkity from a server update night”
I tried to read the herd immunity thing and yes, well we are screwed whatever we do, or not
I’ve been trying to avoid baking sweets… but that chocolate fudge cake looks much too tempting.
OMG, that acapella THX is amazing. I’m impressed by his vocal range! (I had expected it to be multiple people…)
Exhausted brain: yup. I know that feeling.
I really need to read Terra Incognita! I’ve had a copy sitting on my shelf for months now. I don’t think I’ve read any of the novellas in it, but I want to!
Today I went out my front door and sang a song. Yes, that’s right, I am a Covid-19 Flash Mob.
The Cats and Dominos was amazing but also incredibly -unexpectedly – stressful when I thought the white cat was not going to correctly set off the chain. Man, that cat has great timing for the dramatic arts.
I do not generally click on your recipes, but I made an exception for that double-fudge-chocolate-decadence thing. And I just added dark chocolate and cream cheese to the grocery list.