- New releases: Tor.com (genre-benders, fantasy, scifi, yasff), Smart Bitches (romance)
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from ReaderWriterVille.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- “Reading fatigue: Remembering every minute doesn’t need to be productive”.
- Ben Aaronovitch’s Rivers of London series is being adapted for television.
- “Samuel Delaney on his legacy, creativity” and more.
- Quotes for spring.
- “For the young who want to” – a poem by Marge Piercy.
- “Some useful new words for readers”.
Do, Learn, Make, Think
- “A Chilean mining company lays claim to Minnesota’s water“.
- What “the Stanley Cup would look like if the NHL never removed any rings”.
- On women being the “civilizing force”.
- RIP, Chewbacca.
- “Narwhal genome reveals another way that narwhals are weird”.
- Oklahoma tornado via drone.
- “The terrible truth about Alexa”.
- Do you need another measles vaccination?
- Indonesia is in the process of moving its capital.
- “‘Gluten-free’ restaurant dishes sometimes aren’t”.
- 11 easy Japanese recipes.
- 10 easy meatless meals.
- Chickpea pot pie.
- Skillet chicken with rhubarb.
- 15-minute coconut curry shrimp.
- “Best healthy chocolate chip cookies”.
- Banana bread chocolate chunk cookies.
- Cinnamon roll apple pie cupcakes.
- Strawberry crumble bars.
- Classic birthday cake.
- Flourless pecan cake.
- Strawberry chocolate chip muffins.
- Master crumble recipe.
- “One” ingredient chocolate mousse.
- Amusing knitwear from 1986.
- Daisy Yellow on the wonders of washi tape.
- Linkity from knittyBlog.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Napping black cat.
- Minneapolis puddles (this is from before all the snow melted).
- In which the seven deadly sins are interpreted as billionaires of various types.
- “If pregnancy is God’s will then so is impotence”. BOOM.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Drugs to “boost social skills in people with autism”?!
- Inflatable shower curtain for use with a bathtub.
- Terrifying Easter lamb cakes.
- “An Airbnb in Idaho offers…the chance to sleep inside a [replica] potato”.
- It’s good they had crash test dummies, I guess?! 😮
- “The pet rock of the future is a $75 wireless meditation pebble“.
“Through This House” (October Daye 4.5) in Home Improvement: Undead Edition, about Toby and crew going through Goldengreen for the first time.
In Sea-Salt Tears (October Daye 5.1) by Seanan McGuire. Free. Good short about the Luidaeg in 1972.
No Sooner Met (October Daye 6.2) by Seanan McGuire. Toby and Tybalt’s first date.
Rat-Catcher (October Daye 7.1) by Seanan McGuire. Free. How Tybalt became a King of Cats.
Forbid the Sea (October Daye 7.2) by Seanan McGuire. Free. Tybalt, 10 years into his reign.
Heaps of Pearl (October Daye 8.1) by Seanan McGuire. Free. How Patrick met the Duchess-in-Waiting of Saltmist.
The Fixed Stars (October Daye 8.5) by Seanan McGuire. Free. Before the Luidwaeg was the Luidwaeg.
And I reread the first six October Daye novels again during the week…
Keep Going: 10 Ways to Stay Creative in Good Times and Bad by Austin Kleon. What the title says. 🙂
“What part of ‘back off!’ do you not understand, Mom?” -Chaos