- New releases: Tor.com (genre benders)
- Smart Bitches on a ridiculous trademark case. (NSFWish) Book Riot with some amusing bits from Romance Twitter about the whole thing.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- “What Mr Rogers can teach us about storytelling“.
- Levar Burton reads “As Good As New”, a short story by Charlie Jane Anders.
- 22 political satire books.
- Return of a Neil Gaiman post on fanfiction, featuring a brilliant addition at the bottom for those who’ve read it before.
- Ron Weasley, crusher of dreams.
- Go beyond the plot bunny…
- Stages of the reader.
- The Scottish Play.
- Which Shakespeare character are you? (I got Romeo, which… no.)
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- NASA on its ties to Star Wars.
- “Body wash is a scam and you fell for it“. (I’ll take a bar of soap over body wash any day.)
- Did squirrels help spread leprosy around the world?
- Vacationing isn’t great for the environment.
- “The stricter a state’s gun laws, the fewer children die from guns“. (This should not be a surprise…)
- It’s not your imagination – hurricanes are intensifying faster than they did 30 years ago.
- Salt and pepper tofu.
- Crispy tofu (pan-fried).
- Cauliflower tacos.
- 17 recipes using black beans.
- 10 recipes for meatless pasta.
- 20 quick pasta recipes.
- BBQ chicken quinoa salad. (via The Kitchn)
- Asparagus bacon pasta.
- 17 veggie snacks.
- 7 recipes for tofu for breakfast.
- 16 easy rhubarb recipes.
- Blueberry pan sauce (for meat).
- Chocolate sponge cake with ganache frosting.
- Fudgy cream cheese chocolate cake.
- Coconuttiest coconut cream pie.
Cool or Wha…?
- Shoes with treadmills in the soles.
- “Army researchers are developing a self-aware squid-like robot you can 3-D print in the field“. (via Schneier on Security)
- Cats, man.
- A new Simon’s Cat short.
- From our dystopian future…
- The unfortunate intersection of math word problems and orchestra.
- The fireman cake. (NSFWish)
- It’s your turn to shine, Brutus.
“But your book is the perfect spot for me to sun my butt, Mom. Please don’t take it away!!!” -Mayhem