- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance), Dear Author (romance), and Tor.com (genre benders, scifi, fantasy, UF/H)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- “Plagiarism: The pattern and the response“.
- What do you think the common theme is among books that get banned? (via bronwyngreenauthor)
- Are bibliotherapists covered by health insurance?
- Tokyo will have a bookstore-themed hostel.
- Minneapolis Central Library is pretty cool.
- Book sculptures.
- Good mug for writers.
- Unmouth that book, you wicked black kitten!
Think, Make, Do, Learn
- “Watch the world’s first horror movie from 1896“.
- Before and after photos of glacial melting.
- “Mindfulness might create false memories“.
- Infographic about the origins of certain colors.
- “12 Star Trek gadgets that now exist“.
- Being a fan can be good for you. (via moonyinthesky)
- Pork, poblano, and pumpkin stew.
- Creamy one-pot pumpkin pasta.
- Savory stuffed pumpkin with sausage and gruyere.
- Swiss chard slaw with creamy avocado dressing.
- Six-ingredient vegan enchilada casserole.
- Savory apple recipes.
- 10 breakfast recipes using potatoes.
- Coffee cake muffins.
- Pumpkin bread with cream cheese swirl.
- Butternut squash cake.
- Chocolate-covered chocolate caramels.
- Peanut butter cups.
- 8 chocolatey dessert recipes.
- 15 treats for Halloween.
- 10 meals for the lunchbox.
- Vegan squash gratin.
- Sun-dried tomato focaccia.
- Glazed cannoli bread.
- Chocolatey earthquake cake.
- Lemon meltaway cookies.
- Maple-iced pumpkin cutout sugar cookies.
- Watch a Chinese silk painting being made.
- Franklin Habit on kids and knitting.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Unofficial LEGO minifigs.
- The ISS with lightning and the Milky Way.
- A single poster with all the native North American birds.
- Video that combines Kubrick and Hitchcock films. (NSFW)
- New Cloud Cult video, for their new song “No Hell”.
- How did you celebrate Black Cat Day this week? “17 reasons to own a black cat“.
- A day in Denver in <4 min.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Billboards that give massages.
- “Smart” caskets.
- “Exotic” flavors of SpaghettiOs.
- Jellyfish cupcakes.
- Peanut butter cup burger.
- Maple bacon Pop Tarts.
- “Sexy baby” Halloween costume.
- “A microbiologist recreated Starry Night with bacteria in a petri dish“.
- Halloween Cake Wrecks.
- What does your favorite Halloween candy say about you?
- Star Wars Cake Wrecks.
- The danger of birds in spacecraft launch areas. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- 30 days hath September. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- Oh, hockey.
- Recipe blog Mad Libs?
- The difference between dog people and cat people.
- 35 photos of pets in Halloween costumes.
- What cats would consider scary costumes.
- Cat steals a friend.
- Giant panda and babies! Caracel and babies! Baby jaguar! Kitten! Zebra and babies! Kitten! Red panda and babies! Baby lions!
Adventures in Mixed Media Art: Inspiration, Techniques and Projects for Painting, Collage and More edited by Amy Jones. Pretty good book that focused on assorted mixed media projects (not just art journaling). Kind of seemed like a collection meant to sell you other books from the publisher, as each featured artist also seemed to have their own book from which their project was taken.
“I wonder if there’s a sunnier and softer spot somewhere?” -Mayhem
*waiting to snatch that particular sunny spot as soon as Mayhem leaves* -Chaos