- Blodeuedd’s giving away an ebook copy of You Think You Know Me by Clare Chase. Closes October 3.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Tor.com (UF/H, genre benders, SF, fantasy)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Censorship quotes for Banned Books Week.
- On grown-up coloring books.
- Harry Potter whoa.
- Map of the “geography of reading”.
- Bookstore sleepovers.
- Unusual bookstores.
- Glass books. (via krisngoodthings)
- Clickbait novel titles.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
Do, Make, Learn, Think
- Is God actually your brain shorting out?
- October’s unusual holidays.
- Make your own pumpkin spice.
- Tips for taking pictures of black cats. (Thanks, Cheryl!)
- NASA discovered liquid water on Mars.
- The US Republican Party is the only major conservative political party denying climate change – worldwide.
- “Playing Scrabble changes the way you use your brain“.
- 12 recipes using leafy greens.
- 14 eggplant recipes.
- 20 quick dinner recipes.
- Lentil “meatballs” with Indian fenugreek sauce.
- Chicken chile enchiladas.
- Tandoori chicken pizza.
- Fresh herb, potato, and goat cheese frittata.
- Pumpkin muffins.
- Funfetti Twinkies. (via The Kitchn)
- Photos of the super blood moon eclipse.
- The X-Files revival trailers.
- Animation about the ISS.
- Short film about sculptor who makes miniature art.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens prequel.
- Japanese Rube Goldberg machines.
- Short film about a firefighter who’s drawn to flame.
- Hobbit-themed tree house.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Caffeinated peanut butter.
- Peanut butter and jelly burger. (No idea if it’s made with caffeinated peanut butter.)
- Cinnamon bun Oreos.
- Giant inflatable Jabba the Hut for your lawn.
- Weird medical billing codes.
- Zombie apocalypse, so inconvenient.
- On making American recipes if you aren’t in/from America.
- Where 3d and 2d meet surreally in Google Earth. (via pipervaughn)
- “Irish people watch ice hockey for the first time“.
- Cat pun.
The Elemental Journal: Composing Artful Expressions from Items Cast Aside by Tammy Kushnir. Didn’t make it very far in this one. While I’m intrigued by making journals (and have made a couple of duct tape journals), I’m not interested in making a journal covered in bark.
*randomly judging* -Mayhem