- Eros by Igor Mitoraj at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts (click the photo to embiggen). You really need to look at pictures of Eros taken from many angles, because the shape of the sculpture’s mouth (and thus the perceived facial expression) changes a lot depending on the angle.
- Some art journal pages, including one about cats featuring tidbits about Chaos and Mayhem.
- Great quote about art journals.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- More about the new Dr. Seuss book.
- Examples of how our language shapes our thoughts. (For a scifi take on this, read Babel-17 by Samuel R Delaney.)
- “Not just buying, but reading diverse books“.
- “The British Library put [a million] images into the public domain“. (via etherealsolitude)
- Useful websites for writers. (via darkhorse99)
- “All-Purpose Folk Song (Child Ballad #1)” is a very clever song written by Neil Gaiman and performed by The Flash Girls.
- “Romance readers’ literary tattoos“.
- Handy (humorous) keyboard shortcuts for writers. (via emmaseasall)
Think, Make, Learn, Do
- Pluto won’t be reclassified as a planet, but it’s cooler than a boring old planet anyway. Stephen Colbert and Neil deGrasse Tyson talking about Pluto.
- “How NASA won the internet“.
- “Neil deGrasse Tyson narrates this brief, animated history of the universe and everything in it“.
- 2015 takes over from 2014 as the hottest year on record.
- If you’ve ever wondered why the passage of time increases at an increasing rate as you get older…
- Why free food at the office is always a hit.
- “The five best and five worst demons to get possessed by“.
- Zucchini noodle salad with parsley-pistachio pesto.
- Grilled zucchini roll-ups with with ricotta and herbs.
- Thai grilled steak salad.
- Corn, tomato, and black bean tostadas with creamy cilantro dressing.
- 15 recipes using sweet corn.
- 20 ice cream recipes.
- Chunky monkey cookies.
- Peach cobbler bars.
- Nutella stuffed caramel blondies. (via torigates)
- S’Mores doughnuts. (via essouffle)
- No-bake peanut butter cheesecake. (via blue–spruce)
- Two Doctor Who-themed chess sets.
- LEGO Eiffel Tower.
- Mathematical scarves.
- Illustrated grocery list… from Michelangelo.
- Teaser for the new X-Files.
- Bill Nye teaching evolution using emojis.
- A film about “the Renaissance world through the genius who was da Vinci”.
- Series of animated shorts from students in France.
- Videos about dominoes falling.
- Eerie video about Antarctica.
- Geology-themed music video.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- The return of Rainbow Chip frosting.
- Giant display that “uses thread instead of pixels”.
- Phone pockets on placemats.
- Eight niche blogs.
- Turn your phone into a bedside lamp.
- R2-D2 purse.
- Star Wars-themed rice fields.
- Blackhawks-themed corn maze.
- Sir Ian McKellen dramatically recites Taylor Swift’s song “Bad Blood”. (via The Mary Sue)
- 11 bizarre cakes.
- 30 awkward autocorrects with parents.
- “I might need a hobby“.
- Cute black kitty.