Congrats to SusieQ, who won Battle of Hearts by Valentina Heart!Â Battle of Hearts will be released on April 14 by Silver Publishing.
- Embrace the Rainbow is giving away 36 different GLBTQQ ebooks and print books by 28 different authors. Make sure you read how to enter! Contest closes midnight EDT, April 18.
- New releases and more: Rarely Dusty Books (m/m romance), AAR (romances), and Book Lovers Inc (a little of everything).
- An editor’s erotic tale of lines and actions deserving of a snarky blog… Part 2. Part 3 (the end). (Thanks, Juni!)
- Amazon isn’t going to kill publishing. “Amazon is not all of ebooks.” And also, Amazon is succeeding in spite of agency pricing, so… what was the point?
- Dear Author explains the settlement between the Department of Justice and Hatchette, Harper Collins, and Simon & Schuster.
Think, Make, Do, Learn
- The Ninth Circuit Court ruled that it isn’t a crime to break a Terms of Service (TOS) agreement, so no need to feel bad about never having read one! 😉
- Go sign a petition in support of Electronic Arts, which is under attack from conservatives for including the option to have same-sex couples in a recent game.
- If you’re not thrilled that Facebook bought Instagram, here’s how to export all of your Instagram photos at once.
- 15,000 temperature records were broken in March (contiguous US).
- Soft pretzel bunnies. (via The Kitchn)
- Deviled egg spread. (via The Kitchn)
- Black pepper tofu. (via The Kitchn)
- Puffy cloud s’mores. (via The Kitchn)
- Five meals and five desserts to serve nearly everyone (even your vegan, gluten- and lactose-intolerant friend who’s allergic to nuts and eggs!).
- Free iPad apps: National Geographic Today (cool photos) and Minds of Modern Math (a millennium of math history).
- Canada now has a limited edition quarter with a glow-in-the-dark dinosaur on it… although it costs $30 to purchase one.
- Turn yourself (or a friend) into a superhero action figure! (Definite gift potential.)
Cool or Wha…?
- Star Trek Enterprise pizza cutter, which would probably go well with your Enterprise bottle opener.
- Poking at the recent spate of legislation restricting the reproductive rights of women in the US. (Possibly NSFW)
- Fennecs! Fennec! Tiger and baby! Baby tiger! Baby tiger! Baby tigers! Cheetah and baby! Red panda and baby! Kitten! Black jaguar! Kitten! Bird and bison! Fennec! Baby clouded leopards! Fennec! Baby tigers! Cheetah and babies! Hummingbird! Kitten! Baby penguins!
Magic Mansion by Jordan Castillo Price. ebook. Very good paranormal m/m romance about two magicians who briefly connect during auditions for a reality television show about magicians in which they both end up as participants (along with ten others). Who will take home the glory… and the $250,000 prize? Wonderfully written and with bonus points for a completely unique story concept!
The Art of Words by RJ Scott & Meredith Russell. ebook arc. Very good m/m romance about an artist with severe dyslexia that he keeps hidden. When his work attracts a wealthy, handsome sponsor, it seems too good to be true…
If Only by sadtomato. free online. Very good *braces self* Edward/Jacob slash. I can’t believe I typed that! LOL. But really, it’s just a story about a gay guy and his straight roommate/best friend… with a crazy number of “outtake” chapters at the end, including an alternate ending that made me sniffle a bit.
Little Boy Dead (Boystown #0) by Marshall Thornton. free ebook. Very good gay mystery prequel to the Nick Nowak Boystown series in which we get to meet a younger, less cynical Nick working as security for a film festival and just starting his new life as a private investigator. (Also, that is a scary belly button.)
The Long Con by Lori Toland. ebook. Good m/m romantic suspense about a British agent who tracks a stolen Faberge egg to New York City, where he’s mistaken for a prostitute and uses that to his investigative advantage. This book had a somewhat over-the-top old-school romance feel to it; while that’s not usually my forte, it mostly worked here and I got sucked into the story.
Ice Blues (Donald Strachey #3) by Richard Stevenson. Good gay mystery that starts with Don going to pick up his car (towed in a snow emergency, the bane of all northern folk) and finding a dead, frozen body in it…
Third Man Out (Donald Strachey #4) by Richard Stevenson. ebook. Good gay mystery in which Don is asked to protect a guy who forcibly outs prominent gay people and who fears his life is in danger as a result. (In the ebook edition I read, none of the acronyms were capitalized. Argh.)
Shock to the System (Donald Strachey #5) by Richard Stevenson. ebook. Good gay mystery in which Don tries to figure why a guy who’d dropped out of an ex-gay program ended up dead. (Had the same acronym issue as the previous book. And… aren’t these covers heinous?)
Chain of Fools (Donald Strachey #6) by Richard Stevenson. ebook. Good gay mystery in which Done investigates what may be one part of a family turning against another over selling the family’s award-winning newspaper to pay off debts. (No acronym issues! Yay!)
Learning from Isaac by Dev Bentham. ebook. Good m/m romance about a college professor who’s mutually attracted to one of his students (a senior), but they agree not to act on that attraction until after graduation. And then the professor runs into the student in a most unexpected place…
Reluctant Mate 2 by Eden Cole. ebook short. Meh short paranormal m/m romance about a guy who, aided by a drug that makes it seem as if he’s a shifter, vows to hunt down the wolf shifters who killed his brother.
Every time I see this sign in my neighborhood, it gives me the giggles, so I had to get a (somewhat enhanced) photo of it:
“You’re too close, Mom!” -Mayhem
17 thoughts on “Linkity lurches along”
We’re issuing a coin with a glow in the dark dinosaur. Really. :/
But gluten-free poutine!!! *nom nom nom*
A recent post from Brigitte..Malcolm Is A Poet
Yikes! What a big eye you have May!
Love the GF linkities!
A recent post from margene..Sweet Dreams
Wasn’t the whole point of the Amazon kerfluffle for Amazon to whip their schlong out and see who had the biggest?
That was my feeling but I could be wrong.
Oh I’m glad you liked the Boystown Prequel. It was different from the original stories wasn’t it? But still had that great character in Nick.
People keep recommending those Donald Strachey books but I really cannot start a new series. Must resist! LOL!
A recent post from Jenre..Weekly Round Up
Gluten-free poutine — but is it just as greasy? And those shorts — I feel a bit queasy.
A recent post from marylou..Ewetopia
Good linkities! Yummy recipes. Larry will love the Leonard Cohen songs. The Rear Window thing was neat! It’ll take me ages to go through all of those Hugo awards…
A recent post from Cheryl S…Traveling and Traveling
Looks like you read some great books. I can’t believe you read the Edward/Jacob slash. That made me laugh – but it actually sound good – they would do much better gay. lol
I’m off to get Magic Mansion!
Too bad Reluctant Mate was just meh – I love the guy on the left of the cover. Isn’t that supposed to make a book better? (if only!)
A recent post from Tracy..Review: Josh of the Damned Triple Feature by Andrea Speed
Love the linkety!
A recent post from Jennifer..WIP Wednesday: Trying something new
While I love the idea of same sex couples in games and wish more games would offer it as an option, I really cannot support EA. Last I checked they had very poor working conditions. If their working conditions have appreciably changed, then I will happily support the company.
A recent post from Seanna Lea..[10 Tuesday] laaa la la la la la la, la la la la la la laaa
I wonder if Peeta and Gale will be immortalized in Barbie-form, too? I’d so buy them 🙂
A recent post from Ava March..Fortune Hunter – Release Day
Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading you on Fridays (and every other day). I have been a regular Stumbling Chaos reader for some months now (every day!).
Thanks for taking all the trouble to put the website together and the way you keep finding fascinating things to put on it. I have particularly like links to competitions and keeping up with what is happening in the publishing world.
Awww Vader is such a good dad
A recent post from blodeuedd..Review: One Hot Cowboy Wedding – Carolyn Brown
Great list.Craving for spinach and artichoke grilled cheese!
Pao shares his birthday with fictional character Will Truman from Will & Grace. He won’t be thrilled. He’ll probably even ask who Will is… 🙂
A recent post from mrspao..Fishing Cats
Ohhhh, linkity! *rubs hands with glee*
Love the sign!
May – that’s VERY close indeed!
A recent post from orannia..The Point…
Thanks for the linkity luv!
I treated myself on some ebooks today and The Art of Words was one of them, thanks to your review on Goodreads. 🙂
A recent post from Janna..Happy Gay Friday the 13th
Thanks for the link!
Also, I want glow-in-the-dark dinosaur money. And/or plastic money. Then again, I love looneys and think we should use dollar coins, too. Hmm.