As a firefighter, Justin has learned the hard way that bad things always seem to come in threes and the sudden turn of events in his life is no different. First, major budget cuts to the fire department force him to take a part-time job as a medic and his new partner hates not just him, but all men in general. Next, his rig gets stolen by some drunken bum named Indian Jack, who then crashes it into the local planetarium. Finally, some punk named Clayton shows up and stirs up all kinds of trouble.
Young and way too damn hot looking for his own good, Clayton has come to Flint to claim back his first love, Dylan. There is just one problem with that: Dylan is already in a committed relationship with Justin’s best friend, Kaleb. Since Justin loves Kaleb like a brother, he intervenes by coldly telling Clayton to leave Flint and never come back. To his annoyance, not only does the younger man refuse to leave, but he somehow manages to get a job at one of the local hospitals. So now not only does Justin have to face that Clayton is not going away, but he has to see him every day – all the while fighting the growing attraction between them.
Then Justin learns that everything about Clayton may not be as it seems. The younger man has secrets in his past from which he’s never healed. Despite himself, Justin finds he is drawn closer to Clayton and knows nothing will stop him from trying to protect the troubled man. Will Justin be able to help him become whole, or will Clayton be lost to him forever?
Stephani’s Other Books
Stephani Hecht is a happily married mother of two. Born and raised in Michigan, she loves all things about the state, from the frigid winters to the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Go Wings! You can usually find her snuggled up to her laptop, creating her next book or gorging on caffeine at her favorite coffee shop.
When sheâ€™s not running around like crazy, trying to get her kids to their various activities, sheâ€™s working on numerous projects.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Thursday, September 30.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Ha! I caught you,Â you wicked toy, you!! You are doomed! Doomed!!!” -Mayhem