- It’s been ages since I did a random update on my life and stray thoughts.
- When last we spoke, I was worried whether the new refrigerator would arrive before the old refrigerator died.
- It did!
- The new refrigerator was delivered on April 29 by two guys who were unnaturally cheerful about carrying refrigerators up and down three flights of stairs at 7:30 am.
- The new refrigerator is more spacious despite being smaller (I know!) and is quieter.
- The kitties remain deeply suspicious of it.
- On Saturday, I finally wandered over to the hardware store and picked up a patch for the screen.
- There shall be no more bats!
- I’m sure the kitties are sad about that.
- Knitting? Um, what? Ok, fine. I’m nearly done with the foot of the second of my SIL’s birthday socks.
- Yes, her birthday was two months ago.
- Give me a break – it’s nearly 80F, so she’s not going to be wearing wool socks for months!
- I’m trying to figure out what the three sickly trees in front of our building are.
- I know that they are not ashes, elms, oaks, maples, boxelders, lindens, any sort of evergreen, sycamores, gingkos, hophornbeams, cottonwoods, or aspens.
- You’d think I’d get a bit further than that with a forestry degree, wouldn’t you?
- Quit laughing, Mel. (We have the same undergraduate degree.)
- Hmm. Apparently I’ll be leaving both cat carriers portable kitty caves out for a while. I hate to discourage this sort of behavior: